If I take my folding stock off???

Would I be in some sort of horrible trouble if the feds kicked my door in and found that I had removed my folding stock so I could just shoot it like that for a while.

I don't see how I could be it'd still have a pistol grip and the back of the reciever is blocked. I just don't recall any of you guys doing that, no pics anywhere that I can see, just folded stocks. I just want to take the tube off til I decide what I'm going to do. Keep it, cut it down, change it somehow, I got some ideas.

MVC-007S3.JPG

So whaddya think? Oh and thanks for the reciver/bbl color chili!!!:smoke:

Edited by Fumes

No legal issues with removing the stock.

I didn't think so but I think it'll at least give me greif trying to get it to cycle til I get it broke in. What do you think?

I have the md plug and I dry cycled it about 500 times to see where it was making contact before I polish the bolt but after I got it all put together it will feed fed wallyword no prob on 5 but I had to keep it on 5 to be able to shoot 00buck???

Here's some tin foil hat material: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/identification-of-nfa-firearms.html

"Classification: Any Other Weapon Distinctive Characteristics: A pistol having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire shot shells."

And as mentioned earlier about overall length:

"Classification: Weapon Made from a Shotgun

Distinctive Characteristics: Overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length. Both stock and barrel altered."

Both are NFA classifications, Class III firearms.Now you can argue whether removing the buttstock changes a rifle/shotgun into a pistol or not, but I wouldn't want to become the legal test case.

"Classification: Any Other Weapon Distinctive Characteristics: A pistol having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire shot shells."

Now you can argue whether removing the buttstock changes a rifle/shotgun into a pistol or not, but I wouldn't want to become the legal test case.

I don't think a rifle of shotgun can become a "pistol" once it has been built as a normal long gun. Also, a pistol (at least in my state) has a barrel not to exceed a certain length. I think the OP has a perfectly legal weapon that has only a pistol grip.

And as mentioned earlier about overall length:

"Classification: Weapon Made from a Shotgun

Distinctive Characteristics: Overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length. Both stock and barrel altered."

From the back of the receiver to the end of the barrel on a 19" S12 it's around 28 1/4" OAL. So, he's good to go anyhow, as long as his local laws don't prohibit it. :up: