Regarding a full-auto trigger in a build

Legally, can I use a Bulgarian military auto trigger in a Saiga build as long as I don't use the forward sear w/ spring and I also have enough domestic other parts putting the rifle in 922r compliance?

Secondly, can I use the auto trigger in semi-auto or will it catch on the semi-auto bolt? The way it pivots makes it look like it won't function as a substitute for a semi-suto trigger without the auto-sear and it's spring assembly.

I would just get a Tapco trigger but since I have parts laying around, I thought about just sticking the Bulgy auto trigger in (if it could be done) and not paying $30 for the tapco I don't need.

Edited by Kalashniklown

There are few things you definitely don't wanna do, e.g. inlet the right rail for a auto sear, drill that third & special hole and etc.

The things that will constitute intent and land you 10 years of warm romantic showers with Leroy & Bubba.

But you can, IIRC, DQMOT, have various FA parts in a SA receiver, e.g. FA BC or FA FCG parts (except the auto sear of course.).

Edited by ChileRelleno

As long as you don't have a third hole in your receiver, and/or (not sure which one applies) the cutout in the rail for the uh..other piece....yeah...... then you're fine having the parts and using them in a semi-auto build. I do not know if they will work or how to make them work though.

• 5 weeks later...

For $30 I think I would just go ahead and get the tapco trigger........It would be tragic it you did install the auto FCG without the sear and you were still in violation of NFA rules.....or in the very least, even if you weren't in violaion of any NFA rules and you got some agent who doesn't know and gives you a hard time about it. $30 is a small price to pay now instead of the headache and $$$ later to get this cleared up with the gov! Just my .02

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the trigger in a semi, or full auto gun are one and the same. The hammer & disco are different in a full auto gun. The hammer on a full auto gun has an extra catch which can easily be ground off. So yes, to save cash, you can use the FCG that came with a kit, & use 922 parts elsewhere. GARY N4KVE