My New Saiga

Ok, I've jumped in with both feet. The new Saiga I have, the parts have been ordered, but they're not here yet.

I've ordered a Chaos quadrail set with warthog break, CQC, and piston. From CSS, I've ordered 2 MD20 drums, ACE club stock, folder adapter, the receiver mount, MD plug, and the SAW grip conversion kit with Tromix trigger guard.

The question is, am I missing anything? Is anything that I have here incompatible with another ordered item?

Thanks!

Chaos Quick Cleanout system, for easier access to the gas system.

And the MD plug I didn't know they could be used together but I never really looked into them.

ANyway if you havent shot it yet you may want to see if you have any problems before you convert it so you have a better understanding of what future problems might stem from if you have any.

ETA: yeah I don't think they are compatible. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=27977 You might want to make sure, maybe cancel one or the other. I no nothing about the CQC but I know that my MD plug works great.

Edited by Fumes

I've dumped about 300 rounds of cheap WalMart stuff through it. I had three or four FTEs, otherwise it ran beautifully. I'm going to get a few hundred rounds of heavy stuff to break it in properly.

I don't know if the MD plug and the CQC can be used together or not. These are the two items I'm wondering about. The CQC came in a package with the rails and warthog and piston. I figure, if it works, great, if not, maybe in a future build, or maybe pass it on to someone who needs it.

Edited by crlovel

What WalMArt heavy stuff would you recommend to break it in?

I've dumped about 300 rounds of cheap WalMart stuff through it. I had three or four FTEs, otherwise it ran beautifully. I'm going to get a few hundred rounds of heavy stuff to break it in properly.

I don't know if the MD plug and the CQC can be used together or not. These are the two items I'm wondering about. The CQC came in a package with the rails and warthog and piston. I figure, if it works, great, if not, maybe in a future build, or maybe pass it on to someone who needs it.

Where do you all get to shoot birdshot willy-nilly?

Just curious.

I'm going to have to break in my Saiga with slugs only. My club/range only allows birdshot on the trap fields which are now shut down for the year. They don't like the bird shot tearing up the target frames.

The only other exception is bowling-pin shoots, but those are slugs or buckshot, down to #4 IIRC.

I'm wondering where I could go and put a Remington bulk-pack through to test things out.

Where do you all get to shoot birdshot willy-nilly?

Just curious.

I'm going to have to break in my Saiga with slugs only. My club/range only allows birdshot on the trap fields which are now shut down for the year. They don't like the bird shot tearing up the target frames.

The only other exception is bowling-pin shoots, but those are slugs or buckshot, down to #4 IIRC.

I'm wondering where I could go and put a Remington bulk-pack through to test things out.

A friend's dirt pile. We need more dirt. :unsure:

Edited by crlovel

Ok, I've jumped in with both feet. The new Saiga I have, the parts have been ordered, but they're not here yet.

I've ordered a Chaos quadrail set with warthog break, CQC, and piston. From CSS, I've ordered 2 MD20 drums, ACE club stock, folder adapter, the receiver mount, MD plug, and the SAW grip conversion kit with Tromix trigger guard.

The question is, am I missing anything? Is anything that I have here incompatible with another ordered item?

Thanks!

Personally, I would also get a professionally-modified fire control group tweaked specifically for the S-12.

Thanks!

Hey, congratulations, (in advance), for joining the ACE "club stock", (actually ACE Ultra Light stock), club. :D

We have very few members. Most prefer form over function; to some degree.

Here's mine:

mk31n.jpg

mk32b.jpg

:smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic