I just saw the most bizarre "News" article

http://newstandardnews.net/content/?action...item&itemid=591

If playing paint ball, owning a Saiga and planning to go out of country are enough to get a life sentence, I am worried . . . I am two out of three right now.

Haven't been paintballing,

Have Saiga .308 with scarry "sniper" scope and laser . . . I must be a terrorist

Am planning to go to Japan in July . . . I must be a terrorist

Worse yet, building AK's . . . two of them sitting in pieces in my living room . . . . I must be a terrorist

Yikes :osama:

Disclaimer for any web browsing Feds, I am not nor have I ever been a terrorist

Let me see: military or paramilitary training +military type or paramilitary type firearms = elements to prove intent to commit a crime?

Man I should just turn my self in now. Maybe I could claim collateral estopell (sic) as a defense after all it was the Govt. at various times and levels that gave me some of the training in the first place.

I see it now in future, Vet + gun = terrorist

yeh well, they are trained terrorists. the guys in kashmire are hiding bin laden anyway, so f every last one of those assholes.

what i DONT like however, is AGAIN< the liberal fucking media calling a saiga an "assault weapon". it is NOT an assault weapon. there they go again with shit to twist the public into thinking one thing to get thier way. kind of like uncle sam with thier tv and news shows about how bad every other motherfucker is but they are squeaky clean.

the minute you trust the cops or the government, they will take advantage of it. sorry if that offends, but it is the truth. they want OUR rights next, so I dont know whats so damn surprising. they are working up fodder to pull some other bullshit on the law abiding citizens.

but, as you can see from that report, you CAN trust a good judge. they have thier hands tied on a lot of things, but they dont want to do wrong to people, as far as I can see. THAT is your friend.

next they will be photographing myself and my friends action shooting and saying we are training for something nasty. hey, they can say whatever they want and get thier way. you are guilty until proven innocent anyhow these days, and if you doubt it, go to court and watch what happens to people charged with DWI. before you are convicted, they take your license and send you to counseling. thats not how its supposed to work.

i frimly am convinced that the powers that be would prefer to it to be that we are all thier slaves. so far, this hasnt happened. but when it does, it will be the blind leading the naked.

Bvamp- You are definitly on their list, up there in in New Yawk where anyone with a gun and a free spirit is every prosicuters wet dream! Git yer yankee ass down here below the Mason-Dixon line where you belong! We will help you to loose the funny accent and learn to say 'yall and yell YEEEHAWWW! .

G O B

According to court records, Khan, 32, and Chapman, 31, who received sentences of life and 85 years respectively, were convicted of conspiracy and weapons charges, largely in connection with military training they received in Pakistan  with Lashkar-e-Taiba (LET), a militant Muslim group committed to driving India out of Kashmir.

Now while I don't blindly trust the govt or the justice system. I think that most of us are pretty safe for the moment unless we train in a foreign country with a known terror cell.

As far as the possession of a Saiga being an indication of anything they are grasping for anything to make the conviction, and its pure BS.

Edited by Onepoint

to get a visa to visit certtain countries (including the USA) it asks

form DS-157

question number 14

"Do You Have Any Specialized Skills or Training, including Firearms, Explosive, Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical Experience?

YES

NO

IF yes, Please Explain.

:super:

I'm posting on a saiga site, and after college I worked in a Lab for the USA Army's CBEAR It's an acronym, chemical, biological, explosive agent research.

Oh, and I play paintball on the weekends sometimes.

But I'm not a member or exmember of an extreamist militant group from overseas. Then ROPers (that's "Religion Of Peace) weren't exactly angels, they used to train for that stuff, with poeple who do bad things.

I, for one, am glad they nailed these guys. Maybe they were planning on pulling some shit here... you never know.

Did you know that one in ten illegals coming from mexico is a "OTM" that is "Other Than Mexican"

They have busted packs (up to 50 people) of 18-35 year old arab men, dressed in clean mexican style cloths and hair cuts, not able to speak a lick of mexican. What are large numbers of arab males, rich, coming across the boarder in droves.

ANd the boarder patrol is a joke. SO, heads up guys.

Edited by santanatwo

I really wasn't intending to come off as defending terrorists, but I do occassionally fear being branded one, by a liberal, rights infringing Gov't, populated by well meaning souls who get paid to pass laws (and by that I mean pass new laws) rather than administrate a Gov't for the people, by the people.

I keep on writting more than I should and then deleting, so I'll close this comment here. Not closing the thread, just this response from me at the moment.

go to the border parks in canaduh. you will see many arabs gahtered there, and often if you wait long enough, some leave, and dont take cars. whered they go? HERE is where.

Macx, we hear ya. its ok. spit it out.

All I heard when I read that article was, "Be afraid of the invisable enemy, the terrorists are coming." When, in actuality, our government are the terrorists, they just haven't terrorized us yet. And ya know, as long as they keep protecting me, I'll keep paying my taxes. But, just like a Doberman Pinscher, as soon as they turn on you and bite you, it'll be time to put them down. That's why I stay armed, for when the soldiers come for me, I'm not going peacefully. By the way, it isn't the liberal media, or liberal government you have to look out for (although they are equally bad), its the neo-conservative, neo-fascist government and media that will have us all caged and scared of everything. Keep a heads-up and stay armed boys.

:smoke:

Edited by Maniac Jack

yeh well when one reporter calls a saiga an assualt weapon, when its not, that is what it is now to the powers that be and those that hate that stuff.

the problem is, the people high up in power in the country do what they FEEL like doing, pass laws because THEY like the sound of them. thats not how things work. with the media twisting shit, and the cops twisting facts, and the anti gunners taking stats into account that shouldnt be, the powers that be THINK they are doing the right thing when they actually arent. mix that with propaganda, illegal immigrants taking jobs that supposedly noone else wants, medicare paying for some politicians boner pills (why do you think medicare pays for them), the fact that you are guilty until proven innocent, and you have what is now "the american clusterfuck". no wonder everybody hates us. id hate us too if i werent one of us.

if people dont like the constitution, they can move. we all shouldnt have to deal with thier greivances about a basic set of legal rights that this country was founded on.

Well I also read the article. Apon reading it i decided

to write to the editor and ask him to make right his mistake of calling our beloved saiga an "ASAULT WEAPON" i got a reply from him earlyer today stating that he knows of no such article so i sent him the link

and well see what happens. It made me mad that they brand our guns with out know anything about them here is what i wrote and i will post his reply once i receve it.

Here is my letter

" Hello, I read you leter about the Saiga .308 being an ASAULT RIFLE

You are WRONG the saiga is not an ASAULT RIFLE and you are

givin us Saiga owners a BAD NAME you need to rewrite a letter

and state your mistake!! How would you like us stateing

faulse information about you and or your company?

You have made enimies with alot of gun owners

and I suggest you admit your mistake and appolagize

to us Gun owners that abide by the laws of this great Nation.

You should do research before you asume you know.

I dought you are a gun owner but if you where you would also be

disapointed with the news company's and there lack of research."

John

A gun owner!

Here is the editors reply! This pisses me off we sould all write them and trash there company

Oh, I see. A year-old reference I had forgotten. I stand corrected.

However, I don't think a correction is in order with regard to our reference

to that rifle being an "assault weapon." First of all, I have seen it listed

as such by industry material. Second of all, I don't think it's a

particularly judgmental term. Third, I think it's highly accurate. It is a

high-capacity semi-automatic weapon. It is either for human-to-human combat,

or it is for the stupidest, least talented, most illegitimate hunter I have

ever heard of.

All the Best,

Brian

This guy is obviously an asshole, no doubt about it. It isn't really their fault that they labeled these guns that way, though. It's really the fault of certain government officials who are scared of guns and/or weapons in general. The writer and editor of that article was just going with the flow. But it still doesn't excuse the fact that he's an asshole.

ok, whats the asshole's email address..........

an AK47 IS DEFINATELY 100% SPORTING!! you can NOT tell me that going out action shooting is not SPORTING. goddamnit im tired of this line of crap people dish out.

the LAW SAYS that a SAIGA AS IMPORTED is NOT an ASSAULT WEAPON. it is built on a NEW CIVILIAN OK RECIEVER, and DOES NOT HAVE features that MAKE a gun an ASSAULT WEAPON.

fuck me........no wonder everyone hates america.

I wrote back to the editor last night before i whent to bed cuz i was still pissed off about what he said.

In short i told him that the .308 has a magazine capacity

of olny 8 round and he would have known this is he would have done some research before he wrote his article. i also threw a few more

smart ass remarks in there with it. this editor is just a plain

dick head! we should all write to him and force him to correct his mistake publicly!

thanks for the back up guys!

john

I recently had the Fire Bugs Inc. return a stolen Maadi w/ 20" barrel to me. They had it for 9 1/2 yrs. When I went to their secure facility to pick it up, I was wearing my 101st cap, BDU shorts. I showed my VA card & commissioned securty officers liscence as proof of ID. When I inspected the rifle it had a hell fire devise installed & a jury rigged pintal mount. The agent was pretty cool about as I field stripped the rifle to ensure no trigger mods had been done.

Now reading this article I guess I'm on a short list for sure. Military training, AK/RPK, often go to Mexico, demonstrated proficiency w/ weapon