home made buck and ball rounds

They seem great to me! May I request shooting a pumpkin?

if i still had any, id say sure. ill go see what the local wally world has in stock for melons/squash. ill tell you right now, that my desert eagle .50AE used to destroy watermelons but did not damage jugs/buckets nearly as bad. should be fun.

• Like 1

Do you put ball over buck or buck over ball when loading your shells ?

buck over ball. one .68 cal ball on bottom 4 #1 buck on that, with 4 #4, buck on that. total of 8 buckshot, with 1 68 ball.= good times.

• Like 1

I have a Lyman die for a .69 caliber/12 gauge round ball in the classifieds if anyone wants to start loading this round. The die us new and less than half price.

Thanks

already have one. also i wouldnt expect to get the asking price as lee makes one for 19.99 brand new. sorry.

Edited by psl sniper

PSI Sniper,

In reference to your comment concerning my classified ad selling the 12 gauge ball mold from Lyman:

Must be some difference in quality....

here is the link to Lyman's site showing them for $87 after adding shipping:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/bullet-casting/round-ball-moulds.php

That being said, I too would like ti get that item for $19 : )

eseaton

Edited by eseaton

ones is steel (lyman) one is aluminum (lee) both work the exact same, except that alumnum molds arent going to corrode. for this type of projectile, either one will work fine. not trying to step on your toes or anything, i just got a little anoyed that you where using the thread to plug your ad. but i understand your just trying to make a buck.

Are you putting this load in a cup or just on top of a wad? I am getting ready to start loading shotgun, and this would be the perfect thing to load.

winchester shotcups.

Thanks!!!!!!

ill have a vid up soon of me dumping. a md 20 full of .68 slugs into a chair.

Do you put ball over buck or buck over ball when loading your shells ?

buck over ball. one .68 cal ball on bottom 4 #1 buck on that, with 4 #4, buck on that. total of 8 buckshot, with 1 68 ball.= good times.

Have you tried any other buck combos with the ball? Im wondering how many #00 buck you could fit in with the ball?

About what is your shot weight on the combo that you are shooting?