Finally! It is here!

After a few weeks of waiting, I have finally gotten my new baby!! I can't wait to begin the conversion, but first, I plan on taking her out tomorrow, to see how she likes to eat up some FMJ wolf I got. I'll let everyone know how it goes, and I plan on taking pictures all the damn time. I'm that kind of guy. Anyhow, here is some pics of her, as I took her out of the box.

Edited by WildmanWilliams
  • Like 1

Yes, this I know. I just wanted to snap a picture. The conversion will happen, and I will follow the letters of the law. There is a wealth of information around these forums to make sure I do it correctly.. I plan on getting the bullet guide from dinzag, just so I don't need to worry about feeding reliably.

Edited by WildmanWilliams

Looks like mine, the paint on these new ones looks extremely glossy to me.

I kinda don't like it, maybe I'll spray some flat clear alumihyde from Brownells over it that I got left over.

Post some feedback regarding your necessity of a bullet guide or not after you shoot some mags. I don't think I'm getting one unless it becomes absolutely necessary (& if it does I'll just make my own).

NICE.

Mine is sitting at my FFL's until i get back home to get it, i'm anxious!

Is yours from CSS? Just curious if the CSS iz240's are Legions.

(btw, Classy, i think that 2rd mag showed up but i wont know for sure until i get home to see for myself) :smoke:

In order to modify an imported rifle to accept magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds and/or a pistol grip, you must comply with Federal Law 922r:

I like to commit my crimes in secret, without posting confessions and photographs. :ph34r:

;)

Edited by Jim Digriz

In order to modify an imported rifle to accept magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds and/or a pistol grip, you must comply with Federal Law 922r:

I like to commit my crimes in secret, without posting confessions and photographs. :ph34r:

;)

:ded:

Right you are. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that. You know, now that I think about it, I have a hazy recollection of the events the other night. Maybe I didn't lock it in. *shrugs*

:unsure:

Admittedly I am a total noob about things.

Now, a unrelated note, I had a question regarding the BHO. I've heard from some that during the conversion, getting rid if it it the best thing to do. What is everyone's opinion on this? And why?

Now, a unrelated note, I had a question regarding the BHO. I've heard from some that during the conversion, getting rid if it it the best thing to do. What is everyone's opinion on this? And why?

It can cause reliability issues. Many people have reported on this forum incidents where some of the parts of the BHO came loose and interfered with the cycling of the weapon.

It can cause reliability issues. Many people have reported on this forum incidents where some of the parts of the BHO came loose and interfered with the cycling of the weapon.

Well that is certainly not good! Plus the fact that I hear keeping it is one of the trickier parts of the conversion. What is the advantage? Is there one?

Well that is certainly not good! Plus the fact that I hear keeping it is one of the trickier parts of the conversion. What is the advantage? Is there one?

It is a range convenience. I use chamber flags instead.

For the Saiga shotguns, it has a use, I hear. I don't have a Saiga shotgun, so all of my BHOs are long gone.

• Like 1
I just got mine yesterday from CSS and it is a Legion. What does that mean?>

Mine is also a Legion. I got it from Atlantic Firearms. They should all be the same thing unless some dealer had an old one previously imported that they didn't sell and it got sold as the newest imports.

As far as I know they all are stamped "Legion Izhevsk." It basically just means we are awesome and therefore obligated to owning a kick as rifle. :super:

• Like 1

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

This link and other sources I've been able to find that discuss 922r make no mention of magazine capacity being an issue. As it stands, the 10 round magazine provided by Izhmash is not US made and the floorplate, follower, and magazine body should still count as 3 foreign parts on the gun. So how is that magazine okay and a foreign 30 rounder not?

Can someone send me an official link to read 922r laws? Perhaps from the BATFE? Thanks.

I just got mine yesterday from CSS and it is a Legion. What does that mean?>

Mine is also a Legion. I got it from Atlantic Firearms. They should all be the same thing unless some dealer had an old one previously imported that they didn't sell and it got sold as the newest imports.

As far as I know they all are stamped "Legion Izhevsk." It basically just means we are awesome and therefore obligated to owning a kick as rifle. :super:

Yep, I just picked mine up from the FFL today, it's a Legion. Even has the rough marks on the receiver from the importer; sans the 30-rd magazine, since I'm in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. :rolleyes:

Gonna be fun restoring it from the bastardized version lol. Got mine from Arm's of America LLC out of Arizona.

• Like 1

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

This link and other sources I've been able to find that discuss 922r make no mention of magazine capacity being an issue. As it stands, the 10 round magazine provided by Izhmash is not US made and the floorplate, follower, and magazine body should still count as 3 foreign parts on the gun. So how is that magazine okay and a foreign 30 rounder not?

Can someone send me an official link to read 922r laws? Perhaps from the BATFE? Thanks.

I see that it is because 10 round mags are what is accepted for "sporting rifles."

Yeah, I've got that rough spot on the receiver too. Not sure why, but it doesn't look like it'll be hard to get rid of it. A little sanding, a little painting.

Another question. 922r says ""It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes" . Now, I know I'm probably wrong, but, wouldn't the fact that I could "adapt" for sporting purposes by putting the factory mag back in, make the using of 30 rounders ok? I mean I didn't actually change a thing that couldn't be "readily adapted" back right? *prepares for backlash* :angel:

Another question. 922r says ""It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes" . Now, I know I'm probably wrong, but, wouldn't the fact that I could "adapt" for sporting purposes by putting the factory mag back in, make the using of 30 rounders ok? I mean I didn't actually change a thing that couldn't be "readily adapted" back right? *prepares for backlash* :angel:

No, it does not work like that. The magazine counts toward the overall parts count of the gun. Because of that, the ATF considers inserting a magazine into the gun "assembly" of the rifle, and when the parts count is over 10 foreign parts (as would be the case in, for example, a fresh out the box Saiga rifle with a 30 round magazine plugged into it) you run afoul of 922r.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 2

No, it does not work like that. The magazine counts toward the overall parts count of the gun. Because of that, the ATF considers inserting a magazine into the gun "assembly" of the rifle, and when the parts count is over 10 foreign parts (as would be the case in, for example, a fresh out the box Saiga rifle with a 30 round magazine plugged into it) you run afoul of 922r.

Ok, that's kinda what I thought, but just wanted to clarify. Have to say it really is one of the dumbest laws I think I've ever seen, but as I'm not wanting to intentionally break any laws, I'm glad I asked.

The rough hash marks cover the former importers(RAA) info.

I have been told that that is wrong, that it was actually German import marks that were scratched out BY RAA

Somebody gave you bad intel, the right rear side is where RAA placed its address from Scottsburg IN. The new importers address location is on the rear left side from KY.

Look at the second pic above.

Edited by TStark

Has anyone else had a problem with their gastube on theirs? I had to (gently as I could) use a prybar and still barely got mine off (no, the problem wasn't the little retaining lever).

Then I couldn't get it back on when I was done and I had to grind it shorter a tad and correct the angle where the retaining cam thing holds it in at. WTF?

:wacko: