Just curious as to what folks are saying about this particular "all american made" AK, which is turns out it really isn't, as some parts are apparently fabricated outside of the US.

Btw, I used the google search function, and the only mention of this rifle was a dead end.

Okay so it's a milled receiver versus a stamped but it's still as much if not more than an Arsenal. Why would you pay 900 bones for a century? If I were looking at spending half that maybe, but for that money I'm going to look at a different gun.

• 2 months later...

I can't comment on the Centurion, but I do own two Century built variants (Yugo M70AB2 and a Golani). Both are very fine quality builds, not perfect, but very nice regardless. I have had zero issues with either rifle.They look and function the way they are supposed to. I have also owned a Century-built AR that I traded off a few years ago that I wish I had back.

I know a lot of guys have had bad experiences with Century rifles but my experiences have been nothing but positive...

Is the receiver on this milled Century AK the same milled receiver used by Century on the Polish 1960 AK? GARY N4KVE

I have no idea, but if I were going to go for a milled Century gun, I would probably just ignore the Centurion 39 and just get the Polish 1960 AK instead, given that those are a bit cheaper.

But as others have said, for what a Centurion 39 costs, I agree that one would be better off buying an Arsenal AK instead. Well, either that, or I would go with the VZ-58 if I really wanted a rifle with a milled receiver.

Edited by 7N6Wolf

Is the receiver on this milled Century AK the same milled receiver used by Century on the Polish 1960 AK? GARY N4KVE

I have no idea, but if I were going to go for a milled Century gun, I would probably just ignore the Centurion 39 and just get the Polish 1960 AK instead, given that those are a bit cheaper.

But as others have said, for what a Centurion 39 costs, I agree that one would be better off buying an Arsenal AK instead. Well, either that, or I would go with the VZ-58 if I really wanted a rifle with a milled receiver.

That's a pretty good point. I was just curious to see if anyone has shot one of these before is all, I actually had no intention of buying, just doing some R&D.

Yeah I would also go CAI Polish over Centurion. Trusted milsurp parts, just a US receiver and barrel.

The Centurion is 100% US parts, including some unique mods like the slotted bolt carrier which seems like a good idea to reduce weight but just might end up being a weak spot. Too many "ifs" already on US made barrels to gamble on a bunch of other US parts, IMO. Give the Centurion a few years of user testing and 1000s of rounds down the pipe before spending that amount on one. A milled MAK can be had for that and will hold its value.

Yeah I would also go CAI Polish over Centurion. Trusted milsurp parts, just a US receiver and barrel.

The Centurion is 100% US parts, including some unique mods like the slotted bolt carrier which seems like a good idea to reduce weight but just might end up being a weak spot. Too many "ifs" already on US made barrels to gamble on a bunch of other US parts, IMO. Give the Centurion a few years of user testing and 1000s of rounds down the pipe before spending that amount on one. A milled MAK can be had for that and will hold its value.

Another valid point, I would prefer a milled MAK over the M60 even.