Not sure the best place to put this, but......

Is there a thread showing the various Russian Military configurations for the 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 AKs?

I know the 7.62x39 used to have the laminate wood with non-folding stock and duck bill muzzle brake. The 74 had the same wood HG, but with a triangle side folder and 74 brake. Beyond that, I'm not educated enough on the Russian setups to say.

Not interested in Bulgarian, Yugo, etc. Just the Russian.

Thanks

*Edit* I'm hoping for a reference to all the various Military issued AK configurations over the years. Not just the current, though that's fine too.

Edited by Corbin

There are several very nice sites for reference.

One is Tantal out of Texas. He quit selling parts & accessories but I believe they still have really nice online sections covering various models of AK's as well as great pics & threads on excellent clones that various folks have created here in USA.

Its especially educational & informative for someone wanting to know about replicating with a Saiga or parts kit.

Search Tantal +/or kalashnikov and you should get necessary links.

Best of luck

Harv

Thanks guys.

I heard that the first edition of the Grim Reaper is full of grammar and puncuation errors. Can anyone confirm that?

The pix are the main feature, although in flipping through it I didn't notice any glaring errors of that type, and there was no correction sheet sent with the book.