Best Peforming Slug In An S-12

I'm thinking of going deer hunting with my S-12. What slug do you find performs the best(accuracy wise)in your S-12 ? In the area I will be hunting,I figure the average shot I would take would be maybe 50 or 60 yards.(a little further maybe on rare occasion) Oh yeah,I will be using the factory sights.Yeah,I know,that's gonna up the challenge a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Those Dupleks Hexolit slugs seem NASTY with the expanding blades of lead etc. and weigh well over 1oz.

I have no idea if they're just sales hype, and they are crazy expensive at like $20 for a box of five. (ouch).

Apparently we discussed them here last year. http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=46730

Looking at their site, what REALLY interests me are the solid steel slugs with plastic driving bands. Screw hunting, I'm thinking of unique tactical applications on cars and such. greedy.gif

I'd say hornady because everything hornady makes seems to be the best these days but you need a rifled barrel for their slugs.

The guns named a SHOT gun for a reason. IMHO you should just take a rifle if your going to run slugs.

Edited by mike123456

I'd say hornady because everything hornady makes seems to be the best these days but you need a rifled barrel for their slugs.

The guns named a SHOT gun for a reason. IMHO you should just take a rifle if your going to run slugs.

Some states like mine (IL), you cant hunt with rifles, only shotguns.