Don't worry, it will happen again shortly. I can't tell you how many times the media has spouted bullshit about an eclipse that will never, ever, ever, happen again in your lifetime, or again in the next 10,000 fucking years. It's been going on since I can remember back in the 70's.

I thought it was really something special when I was 4, but now, 40 years later, its not worth putting my beer down to see it.......

Tony

In 2011, there will be two total lunar eclipses.

The first, on June 15, will be visible primarily from the Eastern Hemisphere and will have an unusually long duration of totality lasting one hour and 40 minutes.

Another total lunar eclipse will occur on Dec. 10 and will be visible over the western half of North America before moonset.

For the next total lunar eclipse that will be visible across all of North America, we must wait until April 14 to April 15, 2014.

Don't worry, it will happen again shortly. I can't tell you how many times the media has spouted bullshit about an eclipse that will never, ever, ever, happen again in your lifetime, or again in the next 10,000 fucking years. It's been going on since I can remember back in the 70's.

I heard 2094.

I heard 2094.

In 2011, there will be two total lunar eclipses.

The first, on June 15, will be visible primarily from the Eastern Hemisphere and will have an unusually long duration of totality lasting one hour and 40 minutes.

Another total lunar eclipse will occur on Dec. 10 and will be visible over the western half of North America before moonset.

For the next total lunar eclipse that will be visible across all of North America, we must wait until April 14 to April 15, 2014.

It's not that 'A' lunar eclipse wont happen anytime soon. It's about when the next one on the Winter Soltice will happen again. Last one was about 4-500 yrs ago. An Eclipse itself is not a big deal. The "Blood Moon" happens quite often and always makes me :)