8 rnd mag for $190!!!!!!

who are these people?!?!?

what a bunch of f---ing idiots.

i remember 5 rounders going for $25.

and 8 rounders could be had for about $75 and one guy was selling them 2 for $100.

i'll stick with my one 5 rounder until hopefully they come back down.

i'm not that damn stupid to pay that much money for a plastic mag. plastic will break eventually.

one guy on this forum went through a couple 308 mags. i got mine for $16 a piece. now i believe 2 went for close to $100 on gunbroker if not more.

my local ffl dealer told me back when we got in my s12 that i should stock up on mags.

i just laughed it off. that was about 3 years back. there was only a few places to get the mags and back then $25 seemed steep. i wasn't ready to pay that much for em.

with the mini 14 and thermold mags. i sold a few for about $65 a piece a couple months before the ban ended. now they can be had for about $20-$30 a piece.

i'll just sit back and wait. surely they must come back down.

i'll just sit back and wait. surely they must come back down.

OR they won't, and the folks who are content to fondly recall "the good old days" as mag prices continue to rise will be left in the lurch...

Personally, I see the situation as getting worse before it gets better, so I'm hedging my bets and stocking up now.

Look, by "hedging your bets" your keeping the price high. period.

The only reason the mag prices are as high as they are is there is no shortage of suckers willing to pay $200 for a piece of f*****g plastic.

The mags are not banned.

You can still get them from Finn Saiga and Rusmilitary. Where do you think all those mags on egay are coming from?? They did'nt get here from EAA back in the day and all of a sudden come on the market from somebodys closet.

And by the way, those of you importing mags and resaling them on egay are the ones who will get the mags banned, and your a** in deep trouble with the feds to boot.

Calm down, play it cool, if you want a mag, order it from Finn or Rusmil and in a month or two you will have it.

Look, by "hedging your bets" your keeping the price high. period.

Hey, that's the way a capitalist economy works, like it or not. What the market will bear determines the price. And unless every potential buyer can be convinced not to buy, the only thing sitting back and waiting will get you is a smaller supply and higher prices.

I missed the boat on mags as the AWB was going into effect in '94, and consequently had to pay through the nose once the mags were banned, to build up a supply for my Glocks and ARs. I'm not going to miss it again with the Saiga.

The only reason the mag prices are as high as they are is there is no shortage of suckers willing to pay $200 for a piece of f*****g plastic.
I'm not about to pay that kind of money for an 8-round mag, when I can buy four 5-rounders instead. But at the end of the day, the folks who are willing to pay will have their mags, while those who pine for lower prices will not. Again, free market at work.

The mags are not banned.

Lack of supply and no further importation in sight has had the same effect on prices. If/when it becomes clear that there will be a new importer and that product will start coming into the country again, prices will normalize.

The Mags are not banned.

There is no assault weapons ban.

You can get the mags, all you want, just order them.

Suckers pay $190.00 for a mag they could order from Finn or Rusml for less.

Shooter2, heres a lesson in capitalism you forgot to mention:

"A fool and his money will soon be parted"

"Normal" pricing is based on plentiful supply. $200 is the new normal price, and will only fall if supply is replenished. The red tape involved in that happening is enormous and could or could not occur.

The manufacturer is filling military orders and has no plans to supply civilian sources right now, taken from a Russian bloc citizen who just might know more than we do. If you wanna play you gotta pay. Prices for anything are a snapshot in time based on the oldest rule in economics. I see nothing wrong with free enterprise on a personal basis. Freedom being the key word we all desire as long as it's legal.

Try and get a few from Finn or Rusmilitary now before your next discertation and talk facts, not conjecture. They don't have any. I imported from Russia and they were under $100 and I won't sell them.

Edited by snake
Try and get a few from Finn or Rusmilitary now before your next  discertation and talk facts, not conjecture. They don't have any. I imported from Russia and they were under $100 and I won't sell them.

You never answered my question, If I can get the mag for $70 bucks, then how is $190 bucks a snapshot of market price?

Or maybe your highly placed Russian agent could give you the answer, or maybe your having lunch with principle of Izmash?

My mags are on backorder from Finn Saiga, So what, I wait a month or two.

Your discertation on capitalism, and economics is'nt any better or worse than mine, except I am not the sucker paying $200 bucks for a mag.

$200 mag = sucker

Your logic is based on a false premise of actually ordering and RECEIVING these at $70 per mag. Until that happens the price is $150 to $200 each from private sources.

These 'suckers' may be prudent investors in the future. How do you know what lies ahead for this situation? Another false premise for your assertions.

I too saw the ads for years at $219 fot the gun and one 5 round mag. That was then. Some people may not care about an extra $100 on the price of these which may be half the price in a year, or double. Value is up to each person to decide. That doesn't make them suckers; they just want a limited edition!

all very good points!

but til then my s12 with it's one little 5 rounder will sit safely in my guncabinet.

i have a 12 gauge 870 and an s20 with 4 mags that will hold me over for now.

besides, while everyone else is paying $200 for a mag i'm dropping $175 on another saiga.

i'd rather have another saiga weapon than just another mag.

now i need to come up with $250 so i can get that 223! :super:

Your logic is based on a false premise of actually ordering and RECEIVING these at $70 per mag. Until that happens the price is $150 to $200 each from private sources.

These 'suckers' may be prudent investors in the future. How do you know what lies ahead for this situation? Another false premise for your assertions.

I too saw the ads for years at $219 fot the gun and one 5 round mag. That was then. Some people may not care about an extra $100 on the price of these which may be half the price in a year, or double. Value is up to each person to decide. That doesn't make them suckers; they just want a limited edition!

Your Right! I just imagined ordering my mag, it was just a dream-not quite.

The S12 and its mags are current production, your the one trying your best to wip up the "they will never ever be available again hysteria", then you turn around and hawk your imported mag on egay for $200.

all very good points!

but til then my s12 with it's one little 5 rounder will sit safely in my guncabinet.

i have a 12 gauge 870 and an s20 with 4 mags that will hold me over for now.

besides, while everyone else is paying $200 for a mag i'm dropping $175 on another saiga.

i'd rather have another saiga weapon than just another mag.

now i need to come up with $250 so i can get that 223! :super:

Hang in there man! The S12 and its mags are current production, they will be around, some folks got the mania, much like the .com mania, and others do their best to play off peoples fear to hawk their own mags. I bought one from FinnSaiga, and with shipping it was $115 USD and I regret that. But if your dying for one you can get it cheaper than egay or gun broker.

PS if you want factory ruger 20 round magazines for your mini I can connect you with a supplier that has them for $35 (unlike $70 that I see the scalpers selling them for)-sorry I couldnt help it

Try and get a few from Finn or Rusmilitary now before your next  discertation and talk facts, not conjecture. They don't have any. I imported from Russia and they were under $100 and I won't sell them.

My order did come from FinnSaiga, maybe you should check your facts, your not the only guy who gets on the phone and beats the bushes looking for mags, just because the web ite says backordered doesnt mean they did'nt come across one.

thanks for the offer on the mini mags 300!

i have a shit load of thermolds that should last me awhile.

of course ya can't beat factory ruger.

i'll give ya a hollar when i get some cash!

thanks man!

thanks for the offer on the mini mags 300!

i have a shit load of thermolds that should last me awhile.

of course ya can't beat factory ruger.

i'll give ya a hollar when i get some cash!

thanks man!

PM me when your ready, I ordered 25 and they are the real deal, Ruger stanped side and floor plate, new production mags in the factory nondescript white cardboard box with red lettering on it.

I see the same exact ones on egay going for $70-$100 - INSANITY!! (they got the mania!)

P.S.

You get a discount the more you order

Edited by 300RUM

I have an order in with Oleg for another mag. I do not know what will happen this time around...but last time patience paid off.

It took 2+ months for my mag to come but it did. The certificate included with it showed it was built on 03/05.

The last time he kept the sight pretty updated on lead times...so unless a problem arises, I will have hopes for another mag. I will be patient, not pay the gougers, and get 2 mags for the price of 1 eBay ones...

very good

as long as people keep paying ridiculous prices for the mags the sellers will keep charging ridiculous prices.

just think if everyone quit buying them, they would have to lower their prices or go broke!

but instead the consumers are going broke paying for a mag thats got a 400% markup.

what a joke this is.

:lolol:

in the next 6 months or so i'll be laughing my ass off when the mag prices are back down to about $25-$40. :lolol:

and if they actually do go up in price i won't give a shit b/c i won't pay anymore than $40 for one to begin with.

won't hurt my feelings any.

:smoke:

I think the problem is that people buy on e-bay because they don't know about Oleg, face it an eight rd mag is a luxury item we can all wait a month or so to save $100 I mean we would drive an extra few miles to save a few cents per gallon on gasoline right. I don't think too many people have to have the mags today because of some kind of emergency.

Why do people pay those big bucks for the mags? When they could get it for half price from OLEG?

I would be willing to bet that many of these 'sales' are totally bogus. If people see what they think are legitimate sales at exorbitant prices, then when they see the item at a price that is only rediculos it looks like a good deal. All that I can add is that if you fall for it-- :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

G O B