What's up with Sig's new gun?

Does anyone know the story on the P250s? A local shop has them for 350 nib right now. I read that these were a disaster when they first came out but are they stil bad or did sig get them straightened out? I'm talking specifically about the function/reliability of them as opposed to the trigger (which I like but that's for another time). I'm wondering if they are still bad and sig is just trying to dump them or if they are better and sig is just trying to get them out there more. Any thoughts?

I was eyeballing these, too. AIM has them for like $360. I was pretty set on snatching one up.

But then I started thinking hard, and figured I'd just stay with Glocks. Not to say anything bad about Sigs, or any other brand. I'm just too poor, so having guns that can share mags is a plus, for me :D . (I also haven't found a reason to stray from Glock, other than to try something different)

That being said....I'm still interested in an official answer as to why these are so cheap, compared to other Sigs. Spetsnaz's response seems to make sense.

If I want a polymer gun I go HK first and Glock second, if I want metal I go Sig P220 first and a 1911 second.

I LOVE my sig but i wouldnt take anyting from them that was not a P220, P226, P228 or a P229. You want polymer go HK or glock.

trust me

I was kinda hoping they got them straightened out. I handled one it it feels very good....fits my hand better than any gun I have handled. I know a lot of folks complain about the trigger but its ok. It is very very smooth even though its long. I tried reading up on them and most of what I can find is early reviews that were not good. A lot of people had to send them back or ended up selling them. The few recent reviews I've read have made me think that Sig has the bugs worked out and they are good to go now. I keep going back and forth on getting one after Christmas. I can't stand Glocks (great guns, I just can't shoot them...and was actually one of the first I thought of when I started looking for a 9mm) and HK is too rich for my blood. I've seen good prices on XDs and M&Ps lately so I don't know. That 250 is a great deal if the gun is good. I'm a Sig guy so I hope they got things squared away. If I get one I will update and let you know how it is.

If I want a polymer gun I go HK first and Glock second, if I want metal I go Sig P220 first and a 1911 second.

I LOVE my sig but i wouldnt take anyting from them that was not a P220, P226, P228 or a P229. You want polymer go HK or glock.

trust me

I used to own a P2022 .40 cal. It was accurate, built like a friggin' tank and had the best trigger out of all the Sigs.

I may just be going out on a limb here, but I wanna say the price is lower than usual, because of the fact that you can swap out the frame, barrel, etc.. Sig hopes to make more money by selling the interchangeable components.

See this directly from their website:

"The new SIG SAUER® P250 is a radically new kind of pistol that carries the renowned SIG SAUER quality – the performance, the accuracy and the reliability – into an exciting new range of unlimited possibilities, all built around a single, serial-numbered metal frame and fire control assembly. Choose the caliber: 9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W, or .45ACP. Choose compact, subcompact or full size polymer grip module. Select

one of three grip sizes and two trigger lengths. Now it’s a fully customized P250. But then you can change

everything to meet new requirements. When you have a P250, you not only have a high-quality SIG SAUER pistol that perfectly meets your needs. You have the foundation for building a new SIG SAUER pistol that will meet changing needs without the slightest sacrifice in performance."

Buy all of those barrels and what not will definitely add up in cost over time.

Again, I could be wrong, but that's how I see it from a marketing perspective.

An Xbox 360 or PS3 may only be $199, but after buying plenty of $60 games and continuing to buy more, the overall cost of the console goes up.

Edited by VaiFanatic90

trust me

Why not the P239?

Mine's a .40, but I can get a barrel & alakazam! It's a .357 sig!

Compact & one hell of a quality gun.

Thought about getting one of these, until I read a bunch of bad reviews on the Sig Forum. I would definitely consider the 239 or any of there tried and test pistols. My 239 has been a great performer.

Most guys on Sig Forum are traditionalist snobs and hate polymer frame weapons as a rule.

trust me

Why not the P239?

Mine's a .40, but I can get a barrel & alakazam! It's a .357 sig!

Compact & one hell of a quality gun.

I have a .40 239 as well. You are right....it's one heck of a gun. 90% of the time that's what I carry and have it with me as a back up while working. I'm in the market for a 9mm right now. First, I just want one and second I have several .40s and they are a little too much for the wife to shoot. I want her to have a gun that she feels absolutely comfortable shooting to have with her at night while I'm working. I also want her to have something that's just point and pull and not have to worry about a safety or decocking the gun. She went by the gun shop buying me something for Christmas and handled the gun and likes it....so it looks like I have a winner. I just hope the sale isn't over after the holidays. I'm still kinda looking at the XDs and M&Ps also. I have found good deals on both but they are about $50-60 more. There's too many choices.

Edited by cooger

Thought about getting one of these, until I read a bunch of bad reviews on the Sig Forum. I would definitely consider the 239 or any of there tried and test pistols. My 239 has been a great performer.

Most guys on Sig Forum are traditionalist snobs and hate polymer frame weapons as a rule.

True most Sig guys don't like poly frames but most of the complaints had nothing to do with the frames. I believe most people were unhappy with the trigger and the occasional jam. Have you had a chance to shoot one. I am not biased toward metal or poly frames. I like them both. So if anyone has any good to say about the 250 I still may give it a go. Just had to sell my HK USP so I am looking for a replacement.

True most Sig guys don't like poly frames but most of the complaints had nothing to do with the frames. I believe most people were unhappy with the trigger and the occasional jam. Have you had a chance to shoot one. I am not biased toward metal or poly frames. I like them both. So if anyone has any good to say about the 250 I still may give it a go. Just had to sell my HK USP so I am looking for a replacement.

No. I never shot a P250. Used to own a P2022 tho. That one had a very good trigger and never jammed.

Well bad news. I won't be able to update you guys about the Sig. I can, however, give you my thoughts on a new Springfield XD in a few weeks after I shoot it :super: . A gun shop nearby had their XDs nib for $400. Mine came with the mag loader, mag pouch, and holster (a few nice goodies). Also Springfield has that deal where they will send you 3 free magazines too. I couldn't pass up that deal. I admit I am a Sig guy. I have always liked a heavy metal gun as opposed to polymer, even though my experience with polymer guns is limited. After handling my XD though I might be crossing over to the darkside. It feels good in my hand and the trigger is good. I can't wait to shoot it! The shop also had the Sig 2022 for the same price but they were all out of those. Oh well. I'm definitely happy.