Concealed Carry Holster for GLOCK 19

I should be getting a Gen 4 GLOCK 19 pretty soon (I put it on layaway and I will get it when my CCW permit shows up, which should be in the near future, given that they have 30 days to issue a permit or deny someone in the state of Minnesota, and it has been a bit over three weeks since I applied), and I am not sure which holster I should go with when it comes to getting this gun. I will probably get one of those more expensive belts for concealed carry so the holster won't shift around (I have seen some Galco ones that sell for around $60.00 at a shop/range). I have been sniffing around a bit here and there, and I have seen some Galco and Blackhawk stuff, but I am wondering if there are any other brands that have more to offer. Some guy in the shop said he knew of a "good option" but was not allowed to tell me what it was because the shop does not sell whatever that "good option" happens to be.

I am thinking of going for one of those holsters you can clip to your belt and put inside your waistband (I think some company calls them "Summer Comfort" or something like that, but I am not sure). I think this would be more accessible than some odd ankle holster and it would not need a vest or coat for concealment like one of those shoulder style holsters do. I am a bit uneasy about those holsters that clip on your belt and stay on the outside, given that I am not sure if my shirt would always keep it concealed.

I will also probably get a magazine holster for a couple of spare magazines (you never know if a magazine will fail to feed) as well. Do those tend to stick out much at all, or does a shirt suffice to conceal such a thing?

Supposedly some fourth generation GLOCK pistols have had some issues, but this is just based on some stuff I have heard. I do not know how true it is, but I will thoroughly test out my new Gen 4 G19 with various loads of ammunition (including with various defense rounds like Federal Hydra-Shok and Hornady TAP) to ensure it functions well. If it somehow has issues, it would probably be covered by GLOCK's warranty and I could temporarily use a shoulder holster for my G17 in the process (I will obviously be using a coat in the Winter, as I live in Minnesota) while the G19 was fixed.

Edited by 7N6Wolf

I should be getting a Gen 4 GLOCK 19 pretty soon (I put it on layaway and I will get it when my CCW permit shows up, which should be in the near future, given that they have 30 days to issue a permit or deny someone in the state of Minnesota, and it has been a bit over three weeks since I applied), and I am not sure which holster I should go with when it comes to getting this gun. I will probably get one of those more expensive belts for concealed carry so the holster won't shift around (I have seen some Galco ones that sell for around $60.00 at a shop/range). I have been sniffing around a bit here and there, and I have seen some Galco and Blackhawk stuff, but I am wondering if there are any other brands that have more to offer. Some guy in the shop said he knew of a "good option" but was not allowed to tell me what it was because the shop does not sell whatever that "good option" happens to be.

I am thinking of going for one of those holsters you can clip to your belt and put inside your waistband (I think some company calls them "Summer Comfort" or something like that, but I am not sure). I think this would be more accessible than some odd ankle holster and it would not need a vest or coat for concealment like one of those shoulder style holsters do. I am a bit uneasy about those holsters that clip on your belt and stay on the outside, given that I am not sure if my shirt would always keep it concealed.

I will also probably get a magazine holster for a couple of spare magazines (you never know if a magazine will fail to feed) as well. Do those tend to stick out much at all, or does a shirt suffice to conceal such a thing?

Supposedly some fourth generation GLOCK pistols have had some issues, but this is just based on some stuff I have heard. I do not know how true it is, but I will thoroughly test out my new Gen 4 G19 with various loads of ammunition (including with various defense rounds like Federal Hydra-Shok and Hornady TAP) to ensure it functions well. If it somehow has issues, it would probably be covered by GLOCK's warranty and I could temporarily use a shoulder holster for my G17 in the process (I will obviously be using a coat in the Winter, as I live in Minnesota) while the G19 was fixed.

Those holsters are called inside the waistband holsters, or IWB. I carry my Sig and HK in one and I love it. Lots of companys make good ones, check out comp tac as well as bladetech to name a few, also galco.

Bills gun shop and range in Robinsdale should be able to sort you out.

Ive also heard some issues with the Gen 4 glocks, check out hickok45 vids on youtube, he covers the gen 4. great channel too.

Im in MN too, outside of St. Paul. How bout that damn snow huh?

Hello

Don't know if they're available for your 19, but I carry my 36 via a "GlockClip", which is a metal belt clip that bolts directly to the Glock frame, then allows the wearer to slip the pistol IWB with just the clip over the belt.

-guido

If you were to Google "Glock 19 IWB holster", it'd probably bring up tons of threads on various forums, about the Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC and the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. All 3 of them seem to come up regularly when speaking of IWB holsters. You can't really go wrong with any one them. In a perfect world, you could go handle all 3 and see which you like best. If not, try to read up on them, as much as you can.

I'm going with the Crossbreed over the Comp-Tac, simply because Crossbreed offers theirs in horsehide, which is supposed to be better for warmer climates and if you sweat a lot. It deals with the moisture better than leather.

One thing the Comp-Tac's have over the Crossbreed, is that you can buy multiple shells to carry different guns on the same holster frame.

I'm not a fan of the "Glock clip", either. Granted, I've never handled one, but uncovered trigger + Glock = not something I want. No matter how good my trigger finger discipline is. YMMV

Hello

Don't know if they're available for your 19, but I carry my 36 via a "GlockClip", which is a metal belt clip that bolts directly to the Glock frame, then allows the wearer to slip the pistol IWB with just the clip over the belt.

-guido

I love mine, & yes, they work with G-19s too.

It's a holster you can't lose & the gun will never get hung up in.

I wouldnt recommend a glock clip.

Why?

You afraid you're gonna shoot your pecker off? :huh:

Unless you have some weird-ass growth on your hip, nothing's gonna catch the trigger.

When you are carrying with the Glock-Clip the trigger is behind your belt, so nothing's going to snag it.

Hello

-guido

I love mine, & yes, they work with G-19s too.

It's a holster you can't lose & the gun will never get hung up in.

I wouldnt recommend a glock clip.

Why?

You afraid you're gonna shoot your pecker off? :huh:

Unless you have some weird-ass growth on your hip, nothing's gonna catch the trigger.

When you are carrying with the Glock-Clip the trigger is behind your belt, so nothing's going to snag it.

Lol na I just dont like it, I dont think its safe. Doesnt cover the gun or trigger guard. Thats just me though you may love it which you do.

I dont even own a Glock anymore just my sigs and HKs. I have leather and kydex IWBs and they slide right out nothing clipped to the pistol thats clipped to a belt or pants.

There are more ADs with glocks per year than with any other pistol for a reason. Yeah yeah I know the safety is between your ears, but shit happens. And it does.

There are more ADs with glocks per year than with any other pistol for a reason. Yeah yeah I know the safety is between your ears, but shit happens. And it does.

Now, don't you think that statement is somewhat deceiving?

It would be like saying that there are more NDs world wide with AKs than any other rifle.

Yeah...

Of course there are.

It's because they're so bad-ass & everyone has them.

Can you name any single pistol maker who has more LE & military pistols out there in current use than Glock?

That being said, yeah, I carry my Sig-P239 .40 more now, but that's only because it's smaller than my G-17...

And it's always nice to have a nicer gun than the police if ever pulled over. :)

Now, don't you think that statement is somewhat deceiving?

It would be like saying that there are more NDs world wide with AKs than any other rifle.

Yeah...

Of course there are.

It's because they're so bad-ass & everyone has them.

Can you name any single pistol maker who has more LE & military pistols out there in current use than Glock?

That being said, yeah, I carry my Sig-P239 .40 more now, but that's only because it's smaller than my G-17...

And it's always nice to have a nicer gun than the police if ever pulled over. :)

I guess I cant prove that but I do know that more cops shoot themselves with glocks than any other pistol in the whole wide world!

And more LE types have glocks for one simple reason, Mon$y. LE budgets. They get good deals on a good pistol.

I like Glocks, owned a few and carried one for a bit and even lived 45 min away from the place they were produced at in Austria, but I always carried in a holster.

Hello

When I use my G36/GlockClip it's generally weakside (left hand) small-of-back when I'm riding my motorbike.

I don't generally use it otherwise simply because it hangs so low that it's not easily accessible for side draw.

I'm a big fan of Crossbreed Supertucks for that application.

Safety-wise I'm not concerned about the Glock or the clip. Many of my pistols have no external safety, or have only a trigger safety of some sort.

Fingers crossed.......

-guido

I have a Galco IWB Kydex holster for small-of-the-back carry. I wear mine around the house as there are virtually no CC licenses issued in Maryland :ph34r:

The G19 is too thick to carry at the front, at least if you need to bend over at all, and not deep concealment at the back. But the Kydex holster does a good job keeping it secure, fairly low on the belt line, and the trigger covered. Everyone has their own preference in regards to leather vs Kydex but I like its rigidness and the fact that it doesn't absorb oil or sweat.

Edited by rob-cubed

Those holsters are called inside the waistband holsters, or IWB. I carry my Sig and HK in one and I love it. Lots of companys make good ones, check out comp tac as well as bladetech to name a few, also galco.

I see. That is what they are called. That "Summer Comfort" must be a name brand of some sort.

I could probably try to see what they have around there sometime.

Ive also heard some issues with the Gen 4 glocks, check out hickok45 vids on youtube, he covers the gen 4. great channel too.

I will have to sniff that out. Hopefully mine does not prove to be problematic.

Yes, we have had quite a bit of snow, unfortunately. I like driving my Toyota Corolla until this stuff starts happening, and then I start kicking myself for moving away from 4X4 vehicles. I guess there is a definite trade-off when it comes to getting (based on how I drive) an average of 33 to 34 MPG.

If you were to Google "Glock 19 IWB holster", it'd probably bring up tons of threads on various forums, about the Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC and the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. All 3 of them seem to come up regularly when speaking of IWB holsters. You can't really go wrong with any one them. In a perfect world, you could go handle all 3 and see which you like best. If not, try to read up on them, as much as you can.

I am assuming they have a pretty good reputation, then. I will have to comb through the various data on these products.

I'm going with the Crossbreed over the Comp-Tac, simply because Crossbreed offers theirs in horsehide, which is supposed to be better for warmer climates and if you sweat a lot. It deals with the moisture better than leather.

That definitely sounds appealing, given how it works better in warmer climates. I am not a huge fan of the summer heat (I am better at withstanding the cold Minnesota winters; it is only the snow in the streets that annoys me), so this would be a big plus, given that I can sweat a lot at times (being a redhead does not do me any favors in hot and sunny weather).

One thing the Comp-Tac's have over the Crossbreed, is that you can buy multiple shells to carry different guns on the same holster frame.

I don't plan on getting another CCW pistol in the immediate term (I am going to focus on scoping my M1A, building an AR-15, converting a Draco into an SBR, and perhaps trying to mess around converting a Saiga or two first), but I will keep this in mind if I do end up getting multiple pistols that can be carried.

I'm not a fan of the "Glock clip", either. Granted, I've never handled one, but uncovered trigger + Glock = not something I want. No matter how good my trigger finger discipline is. YMMV

I have not handled one either, but that Crossbreed with its heat resistance sounds far more appealing anyway. It seems like multiple people here recommend them as well. \

On the note of Gen. 4 G19s having issues, I've fed all sorts of brands and loads of ammo through my 19 and not a single hick up. It loves Hornady TAP. It's pretty damn accurate, and you can turn a few phone books into confetti too!

Hopefully mine will also prove to be free of errors as well.:super:

I see. That is what they are called. That "Summer Comfort" must be a name brand of some sort.

I could probably try to see what they have around there sometime.

I will have to sniff that out. Hopefully mine does not prove to be problematic.

Yes, we have had quite a bit of snow, unfortunately. I like driving my Toyota Corolla until this stuff starts happening, and then I start kicking myself for moving away from 4X4 vehicles. I guess there is a definite trade-off when it comes to getting (based on how I drive) an average of 33 to 34 MPG.

I am assuming they have a pretty good reputation, then. I will have to comb through the various data on these products.

That definitely sounds appealing, given how it works better in warmer climates. I am not a huge fan of the summer heat (I am better at withstanding the cold Minnesota winters; it is only the snow in the streets that annoys me), so this would be a big plus, given that I can sweat a lot at times (being a redhead does not do me any favors in hot and sunny weather).

I don't plan on getting another CCW pistol in the immediate term (I am going to focus on scoping my M1A, building an AR-15, converting a Draco into an SBR, and perhaps trying to mess around converting a Saiga or two first), but I will keep this in mind if I do end up getting multiple pistols that can be carried.

I have not handled one either, but that Crossbreed with its heat resistance sounds far more appealing anyway. It seems like multiple people here recommend them as well. \

On the note of Gen. 4 G19s having issues, I've fed all sorts of brands and loads of ammo through my 19 and not a single hick up. It loves Hornady TAP. It's pretty damn accurate, and you can turn a few phone books into confetti too!

Hopefully mine will also prove to be free of errors as well.:super:

Only one way to find out. Shoot the living hell out of it! :killer: