Today I stopped by a local gun shop that just opened a few months ago. First time I had the chance. My internal Saiga radar led me to the only S-12 they had. It had only been tacti-cooled up with a stock/pistol grip combo (no trigger job), SGM 12 round mag, SGM muzzle brake, and a tapco forearm. I know, not that bad of parts minus the stock/grip, but the price was just as absurd as can be. It was all availagble for a meager asking price of $1295. The Norinco SkS they had was $449 and a very shody Wasr for $489. The counter guy must of thought I was high when I just started laughing at the price and walked off. Needless to say, I was out of there in under 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Today I stopped by a local gun shop that just opened a few months ago. First time I had the chance. My internal Saiga radar led me to the only S-12 they had. It had only been tacti-cooled up with a stock/pistol grip combo (no trigger job), SGM 12 round mag, SGM muzzle brake, and a tapco forearm. I know, not that bad of parts minus the stock/grip, but the price was just as absurd as can be. It was all availagble for a meager asking price of $1295. The Norinco SkS they had was $449 and a very shody Wasr for $489. The counter guy must of thought I was high when I just started laughing at the price and walked off. Needless to say, I was out of there in under 5 minutes.

There's a local gun shop here selling average quality Mosin Nagant 91/30s for almost $300, three times the normal price. I asked them what was special about them and they responded 'Nothing' as if I were crazy for asking. I just turned on my heel and walked out. Anybody that will sell a Mosin Nagant for that price isn't going to give you a good deal on anything else.

How do such gun shops stay in business? Is there THAT large a supply of dummies out there willing to pay such prices?

There's a local gun shop here selling average quality Mosin Nagant 91/30s for almost $300, three times the normal price. I asked them what was special about them and they responded 'Nothing' as if I were crazy for asking. I just turned on my heel and walked out. Anybody that will sell a Mosin Nagant for that price isn't going to give you a good deal on anything else.

Well I thought just seeing the Saiga 12 for that much would be the only insane price I would encounter this week. How wrong I was. Went to a specialty gun shop, where they sell mostly high end collector grade weapons. They had a Mosin 91/30. It was in great condition with a very nice stock. Regardless they wanted $975 for it. They also had 1951 Russian SKS for $875. The guy at the counter said that he told the guy trying to sell the Mosin, its only a matter of time till someone comes in and embarrasses him with those prices.

How do such gun shops stay in business? Is there THAT large a supply of dummies out there willing to pay such prices?

The store was packed full of people. That had encouraged me on the start of walking in. Was at least 20 people in there.

Tell me about it, up here we got two big gun shops that I think are more for newbs and mall ninjas. Prices are usually $200-300 higher and sometimes more than the small local mom and pop shop I go too.

Not only that but they usually have 20 something dickheads working that think they know everything about guns and they dont know shit.

And this small shop has alot of good stuff. For instance at this small shop they had a kel tch rfb for $1200 and a FN scar for $2300. At the big shop the kel tch is $1900 abd the scar is $2800, it makes me sick that

people fall for this shit. The only reason I go to this shop is because they have an indoor range that will allow buckshot.

I was actually asked to leave this shop a month ago because I got pissed off and had words with one of the employees. I went up to go shooting and happened to have a S&W 627 pro series 8 shot .357. I

wanted to trade it for cash so I asked how much (even though I knew I would be trading it at my small shop). This dumbass looked it over checked his little book and told me $200. I said wtf why so little he said

cause its used. Anyway I got pissed and we had words and he asked me to leave. I went straight to to the other place and got $575 for it.

During the Obama scare this place was selling wasr 10's for $1100 and $50 for mags :eek:

Gun stores in Houston are a little strange these days. My favorite gun store in the Houston area is in Tomball. During all of the hysteria and gun buying rush before the election, these folks kept their prices reasonable and didn't try and take advantage by jacking prices sky high.

http://tomballpawn.com/GUNSl.html

Honest friendly folks. What to share the name of the gun store you had a bad experience with so I can avoid it?

Thanks,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

I wish I still had the pic I took. Walking through the Gander, 1942 Enfield, beat and sportsterized. $799.95 LMAO!!!! I was showing the other patrons the rifle till the counter clerk came over and busted the fun. Other than snacks, I cant spend money there.

• Like 1

Let me guess Greg.

edied name of shop

He is way over priced on everything.

AMMS on Jones is neighbor friendly with a good inventory and reasonable prices.

If you need a Saiga12, my Austin connection is in town and has them for $449.

Edited by Geo
  • Like 1

and a huge store upstate near my folks.

In a town with 5 stoplights, a pizza joint and 2 Class III dealers :super:

not to mention the number of small shops within a little drive

Edited by scoutjoe
  • Like 1

Clearfield Pa. Grice's gun shop and Bob's army/navy. Not to mention Denny's beer barrel resteraunt-biggest burgers on the planet! One hour from my folks.

I see a ton of shitty prices around here. A lot of shops are still trying to move WASR 10's for around $500. Not to mention everything else is overpriced on about the same scale. Hell.. there's a place trying to move Brown Bear ammo for like $8 or $9 a box still.. with no case lot deals.

Gun stores in Houston are a little strange these days. My favorite gun store in the Houston area is in Tomball. During all of the hysteria and gun buying rush before the election, these folks kept their prices reasonable and didn't try and take advantage by jacking prices sky high.

http://tomballpawn.com/GUNSl.html

Honest friendly folks. What to share the name of the gun store you had a bad experience with so I can avoid it?

Thanks,

Yakdung

+1 for Tomball Pawn. Bought and transfered multiple firearms at that store. I had to drive 15 miles, but it worth it.

Clearfield Pa. Grice's gun shop and Bob's army/navy. Not to mention Denny's beer barrel resteraunt-biggest burgers on the planet! One hour from my folks.

Heck I was talking bout round me! Clearfield has about 5 shops with Bob's and Grice's being the big names. Need to take the g\f to Denny's next time with me.

• Like 1