Thinking about selling my first build to fund an S12

So like most of us Ive always wanted the S12 duh. Im totally against selling guns, but I think ive talked my self into it for the sake of a S12. I was wondering if you guys could point me towards a good asking price.

Tapco stock.

surefire HG

Hogue grip

tapco trigger group.

grip pod.

Surefire light.

DPH flash suppressor.

those are the basics.

I think it really needs to be refinished. But Ive been offered 800 by a friend. Even though I think thats a bit high. I know he wants to do me a favor and he has the money, it wont hurt his pocket book by all means lol. it has been cleaned regularly and other than my jihadi shooting style its been taken care of lol.

100_0548-1.jpg

it does make me sad to think of getting rid of her.....:(

But then I think of how much fun ill have with an S12 :wub:

If you want a S12 go for it. Save up money later and get another 7.62x39. I don't like getting rid of guns

much either but I will if the occasion calls for it. I recently traded my G23 for a very good condition

Marlin 39A 1979 model. I have always wanted a 39A and G23's are a dime a dozen. I was hesitant at first but after I

made the trade I had no regrets. I love that 39A.

I was thinking if you add in the accessories(light and grip pod), around 5ish. But thats just me.

As for the fella giving me an offer for 800....Am I really that wrong if I took it? I mean it may not be worth it to some one else. But i think of it like a house or car. If some one comes up and gives you an offer and its much more than its book value. Would you not take it? :angel:

Dont get me wrong, im not the kind of person that is out to rip anyone off...its just hard not to say hell ya when some one gives you such a nice offer on some t hing.

Edited by Chevyman097

I was thinking if you add in the accessories(light and grip pod), around 5ish. But thats just me.

As for the fella giving me an offer for 800....Am I really that wrong if I took it? I mean it may not be worth it to some one else. But i think of it like a house or car. If some one comes up and gives you an offer and its much more than its book value. Would you not take it? :angel:

Dont get me wrong, im not the kind of person that is out to rip anyone off...its just hard not to say hell ya when some one gives you such a nice offer on some t hing.

if you dont take 800 for it your an idiot. :haha: In this market you WILL NEVER EVER EVER get that kind of cash for that build. Cash out when you can bro.....

• Like 1

Bigsal is right on that you will be lucky to get $500 for this setup on the open market.

If this was converted by one of our named vendors, you might be able to get a premium for it. Unfortunately conversions done yourself are usually worth the price of the gun plus half of the cost of the conversion parts (give or take).

All the accessories (stocks, lights, grips, etc.) that we think are cool are worth more individually than on a gun if you are going to sell it. One person's dream configuration has another man's base gun and 4 lbs. of garbage.

If you like this configuration, it is going to cost you a lot more to replace it. Also, look at taking a loss unless you sell to a buddy.

• Like 1

Chevyman, I would sell it to my friend if it was me. With the exception of forum members here, few people would appreciate a 922r compliant, restored Saiga. People in my area don't know a Saiga from a WASR-10, except where I bought my Saiga at.

Chevyman, I would sell it to my friend if it was me. With the exception of forum members here, few people would appreciate a 922r compliant, restored Saiga. People in my area don't know a Saiga from a WASR-10, except where I bought my Saiga at.

That's terrible :cryss: people need to take time and learn the differences in variants of AKs. But no one seems to like to make an informed decision these days.

• Like 1

realistically this configuration will bring $380-480. I sold a basic configuration earlier this year for $350....

that may be the right price for some online areas but on Texas gun trader, you could most likely fetch $500 - 600. More people without full knowlege of what they are buying. A good tactical set up usually goes well there.