New 7.62x39 Brake.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Comparison done!     While the test is strictly informal (you could drive a truck through the holes in my procedure at some points), the brake seemed to come out very well. It looks like it wi

did you mean "nice mouse pad, juggs!" or "nice "mouse pad juggs"!" ?

Looks like an AMD65 brake with an extra port on each side.

Posted Images

Any chance I can stick one of these on my new .308? Just needs 14x1 threads right?

Honestly, I don't know 100% .. but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't... I would like to avoid any liability either way.

Got my brake today, this thing looks awesome. I'll probably cut my barrel shroud this weekend and pray I have a threaded barrel. I'll be using a crush washer to hold it in place, does anybody know the exact size of the crush washer I will need so i can buy one during the week?

Thanks for the link, I guess I'll order that and wait a few extra days. I also saw most are cutting the shroud at 5/8" for muzzle brakes, if I am using a crush washer, should I add the width of the washer to that? Assuming a 1/8" washer, would I cut 3/4" back from the tip of the barrel so there is 5/8" for the muzzle brake to screw onto?

Seems logical to me. . .just wanted confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link, I guess I'll order that and wait a few extra days. I also saw most are cutting the shroud at 5/8" for muzzle brakes, if I am using a crush washer, should I add the width of the washer to that? Assuming a 1/8" washer, would I cut 3/4" back from the tip of the barrel so there is 5/8" for the muzzle brake to screw onto?

Can a guy just use Loc-tite to install these brakes?

Can a guy just use Loc-tite to install these brakes?

From what I understand the Loc-tite turns back to liquid at high temperatures. While it will harden again once cool, it doesn't do much when the barrel is hot. I actually bought a high temperature o-ring to provide a little torque when tight, just to decrease the possibility of the brake backing off. I haven't shot it yet, but it is on the gun now, and I was lucky enough to have a threaded barrel.

I used a pipe cutter to get a nice, clean cut, and things went smooth as silk. I'll post pics later on when i get a little more time.

I sure looks bad ass, though.

• 11 months later...