My Fully Converted Magpul'd Saiga

Hey guys,

Just got finished with her.

MI FDe handguard,

Fully converted with parts from Markw

Magpul RVG

Magpul CTR (I have a FDE one on the way)

Magpul MIAD

Ace AK-AR grip converter

CSS rear adapter

Ace side folder and buffer tube adapter.

I was waiting for the Vltor AK tube and I'm GLAD i went with this ACE setup. It's all kinds of bad ass and ROCK SOLID.

What do you guys think?

th_010-2.jpg

th_008-1.jpg

th_006-2.jpg

• Like 4

What do you guys think?

I like it. It's different. Purists hate AR stuff on AK's, but I say "Do what works for you".

How do you like the Ace AR-to-AK grip adapter? I've heard conflicting reports on their durability. Does it feel solid?

I like it. I'm a fan of 2-tone stuff.. the fde looks good.

I'm running a Magpul stock on mine with a CAA adapter and it is a fine setup. Very comfortable and it works for me. I like to extend my LOP one click when I shoot prone and I like to keep a shorter LOP for offhand stuff, so it's the perfect solution to me. The Magpul is the most solid collapsible stock I've used to date.. there is no real wobble to speak of.

Is there any play in your Ace folder? I'm using the non push button folder on one of my rifles and have a slight bit, but it doesn't affect anything. It tightens up when the gun is shouldered properly.

Also, let us know what kind of groupings you get with the Midwest rail on that. I've heard some say that it opens up your groups a little. If you have any info on pre-installation group size to compare with, it would be greatly appreciated. I was actually considering one of those for my amd, but wasn't 100% sure about it.

edit: +1 on the front sight, gas block, and bayo lug.

Edited by danklab

Wow,

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

The ACE is super solid.

There was a little play with the folder, but there's a set screw that adjusts it so no there's NONE.

I'll report back on the groupings.

Sounds good.. thanks.

I'd like to switch out for the push button, but it would render my current one useless.

Do you also have to push the button to unfold the stock? The non push button actually unfolds a little to easily for my tastes.

Is that the saiga specific MI handguard? How do you like it? I have been considering that same stock set up for my 308 (only with a cheek riser to allow use of an optic), please let us know what you think of it after more use.

It's kinda hard to see from the pics (unless you enlarge them), but it's FULLY converted Saiga not. I did the gasblock, FSB, the gas tube and the handguard retainers. I LOVE the MI handrail.