• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BoKnows

BoKnows

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

Just wanted to send a Thank You for an amazing build. The S06 you built for me is beyond words. The craftsmanship and attention to detail deserves praise. In the next few days I will have a complete write-up on my S06. I just wanted to take the first couple of days to drool over it and send some rounds down range. I do have to say, the last time I slept with a weapon was in the Army and my M203 was an extension of me, I believe I've found my new love.

Thank you,
Bo

PS> For those of you who are on the waiting list for a Tromix Saiga 12, it's worth the wait!!!

#2 BoKnows

BoKnows

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Build Info:

#S06 – Tromix Saiga 12ga

• HK Sights
  • HK Rear Sight Base w/ Extended Picatinny Rail
  • Galil Handguard
  • Tromix Folding Stock
  • Shark Brake/Breacher
  • SRTrigger
  • Bolt-On Oversize Charging Handle
  • Krebs Enhanced Safety Selector Lever
  • JT Extended Magazine Release
Intro:

In June 2010 my wife and I invited friends over for a get together and to do some shooting. We'd just moved into our new home situated in Snohomish, Washington on 5-acres and adjacent to our home is 500+ acres of State Land; having this much land gave us an opportunity to setup our own personal shooting range. We are far enough from the neighbors and being our next door neighbor has a license plate that reads "AR223" we felt we weren't going to bother them too much. This was when I was first introduced to the Saiga 12. I've read about the Saiga 12 but had not actual seen one up close. My friend brought a Saiga 12 that was completely stock, he said he had issues with some ammo and was still trying out different brands to find what worked best. Not thinking too much about this I ended up shooting 2-mags of 5-rounds each and immediately felt the need to own one.

Prior this, I had already created my shortlist of tactical semi-auto shotguns for my next firearms purchase. On the list were the FNH SLP, Benelli M4, Remington 1100, and Mossberg 930. I had left off the Saiga 12 as I had never shot one but after shooting one, it was my first choice. Upon researching the Saiga 12 I found the Saiga 12 Forum and began sifting through the information. Like most online forums opinions and reviews were everywhere and what it boils down to is each person making their own choices; it was nice to see the Saiga 12 having so many options.

It was settled, I wanted a Tromix built Saiga 12. From what I had read and from what my friend told me, Tromix was the one to have. The innovation and build quality was beyond compare. It seemed everyone would reference Tromix as the standard to build by as well as the high quality aftermarket parts available. Also there was a level of exclusivity as Tromix only builds a limited number a year and often send customers who cannot wait to other builders. This is fortunate for both potential buyers and gun makers alike as Tromix has set the standard and there are gun makers who have goals to meet or exceed these standards. On September 1st 2010 I placed my order on the Tromix website and the following day I received an email from Mel that I was #1203.

I received a call in late January 2011 my build was ready and I should be expecting to be delivered to my FFL. Once it arrived I went through the registration process and completed the transaction by paying WA State Sales Tax; this was news to me as prior to June 2010 Washington State did not require collection of Sales Tax when transferring a firearm from out of state. Regardless, I had my Tromix S06 and nothing else mattered.

First Impressions:

The Baked-on Norrell Moly Resin finish was consistent and evenly applied.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The HK Sights and Picatinny Rail were solidly mounted along with the dust cover.
Posted Image

The Oversized Bolt-On Charging handle provided a sturdy and positive grip when charging the weapon.
Posted Image

The Tromix Folding Stock was rigid when extended and required extra effort to fold; I'm sure the spring will loosen up over time.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Galil Handguard felt light yet solid to the touch.
Posted Image

The Shark Brake/Breacher was impeccably machined; the points on the end of the Brake/Breacher are very sharp.
Posted Image

The Krebs Enhanced Safety Selector and JT Extended Mag Release I supplied to be installed added to the usability and it looks like they were refinished to match.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly, the Modifications Tony makes to Mod the Magwell for 8 and 10 Round Magazines is perfect. I was able to insert the Stock 5-round Mag, AGP 10-Round Mag, and MD Arms 20-Round Drum without needing to file or fit the magazine/drum to the magwell. All those issues with having to fit Mags and Drums is not an issue I need to be concerned about with my S06.

All in all, my S06 is impressive to see and feel. Next is the Range Report….Stay Tuned!
  • Gary and doodi1 like this

#3 Jeaux E

Jeaux E

CITIZEN

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Bo,
.........as much as you like it right now......., believe me, it'll continue to grow on you !!
Nothing finer than a TROMIX gun !! Enjoy !!
Posted Image
The Number One Name in Saiga Conversion

.........Time flies whether you're having fun or not, so let the good times roll !!!!

"Life is much more pleasant if you don't sweat the small shit." -Tony
"Yes, this is a complete goat fuck." -Tony

#4 preparehandbook

preparehandbook

mostly meat

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

I recently purchased some small Tromix parts, they were, of course, perfect.

Like most folks here we have come to take the quality of Tromix parts for granted so I wanted to take a second to say express my appreciation for Tony's products.

Wether buying a single part or a complete weapon buying from Tromix is a way to assure top quality.

Thanks for the great parts.
A cigarette is like a squirrel... They are only dangerous when you put one in your mouth and set it on fire

#5 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

And Bo, thanks for the great pictures and write-up.

FYI, we do refinish the gun completely, and as far as the Ace hinge goes- they do "break-in" a bit but mostly there is a little trick to doing it. It'll become easier as you get more accustomed to it. Grab the thin part of the stock with your hand and put your thumb on the top cover release, and push with the thumb while breaking your wrist upward.
Posted Image
The Number One name in Saiga conversion

You can buy a lot of Form 1's for the price of a basic criminal defense. Roughly one or two tax stamps per hour for a competent criminal defense lawyer.

#6 joe253

joe253

• Contributor
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

The last couple days I've been researching what shotgun I wanted and I heard some good things about tromix. But after reading these awsome reviews I cant wait to get the ball rolling. I even felt compelled to join this sight. I hope the demand has cooled off a bit and the wait isnt too long!
Also sorry to necro an old thread

#7 SwissyJim

SwissyJim

Saiga Nut

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

I kicked the wife to the spare room and sleep with my Tromix S12... you will too soon enough.

Seriously, the thing is awesome. If I could find another S12 locally I'd set up to do a S17 as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users