I want your empty remington bulk 12 ga hulls

heres the deal. for every 100 (how they are usually sold) empty remington hulls. ill send you 5 reloaded 00 buck shells. basicly you send me trash and ill send you ammo. if anyone is interested pm me, if not well let this thread die a slow horrible death. :lolol:

Damn, I wish You would have told me earlier. I just threw about three hundred away.

that sucks. save the next batch. thats the reason i started this. most people (including myself untill recently) throw them away. i want to give the a second chance at life. LOL.

will you take federal too or just Remington.

federal have a paper base so no, they cause issues when reloading.

remington only please. thats what youll be getting back but reloaded with magnum buck. good stuff.

Remington isn't sold here locally to amount to anything....so I ended up with a million Winchester hulls, which conventional reason says pretty much aren't reloadable.. I ordered a big batch of Remington hulls, and compared them closely with the Winchesters, and ended up deciding to give reloading them a try. Turns out, the Winchester shells will reload, maybe as much as two or three times. They crimp well, seem just a tad hotter than Remingtons using the save reloading data, and have the added advantage of being a pleasant red color. I'm pretty much using the LONGSHOT recipe you gave me (a couple grains more powder), which gives me a somewhat hot shell, in both hulls.

It's the coolest thing, loading a batch of shells, going outside and shooting them, picking up the hulls, going back inside and reloading them, then shooting them again.

Beyond shooting because I like to shoot, my prime directive gun-wise is always home defense...I got back into reloading in order to build up a supply of defensive ammo. But then ended up shooting it up about as fast as I can reload it. I'll graduate to "00" before long, and will save that for HD.

By the way, you're giving the folks a good deal on the trade out....anytime you can trade something that is useless to you, for something that not only is useful but maybe even pretty doggoned important....well, it's a good thing.

• Like 1

will you take federal too or just Remington.

federal have a paper base so no, they cause issues when reloading.

remington only please. thats what youll be getting back but reloaded with magnum buck. good stuff.

Good deal, I'm in. Please send me info. May take some time as I shoot several different brands. What's your verdict on the Winchester hulls?

Here is a reloading cost calculator, so you know what a box of shell cost to reload!

http://www.trapshooters.com/reloadcalc.htm

Get the newest lyman shotgun reloading manual for all the good reloading info.

If you want to cast your own buckshot or slugs here is the best site for casting.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Hope this helps. Coleman

i am down. i will start buying rem instead o winchester and federal... or whatever it is that i has been shooting....

ps, a guy at work said he liked the concept of 4 shot instead of 00. said something about 30 cal.... i dunno

Edited by saltydecimator

Remington isn't sold here locally to amount to anything....so I ended up with a million Winchester hulls, which conventional reason says pretty much aren't reloadable.. I ordered a big batch of Remington hulls, and compared them closely with the Winchesters, and ended up deciding to give reloading them a try. Turns out, the Winchester shells will reload, maybe as much as two or three times. They crimp well, seem just a tad hotter than Remingtons using the save reloading data, and have the added advantage of being a pleasant red color. I'm pretty much using the LONGSHOT recipe you gave me (a couple grains more powder), which gives me a somewhat hot shell, in both hulls.

It's the coolest thing, loading a batch of shells, going outside and shooting them, picking up the hulls, going back inside and reloading them, then shooting them again.

Beyond shooting because I like to shoot, my prime directive gun-wise is always home defense...I got back into reloading in order to build up a supply of defensive ammo. But then ended up shooting it up about as fast as I can reload it. I'll graduate to "00" before long, and will save that for HD.

By the way, you're giving the folks a good deal on the trade out....anytime you can trade something that is useless to you, for something that not only is useful but maybe even pretty doggoned important....well, it's a good thing.

never said winchester wasnt reloadable (ive done a few) in all my loads remington proved to be the most reliable.

Good deal, I'm in. Please send me info. May take some time as I shoot several different brands. What's your verdict on the Winchester hulls?

winchester will work. remington is just more reliable.

"....never said winchester wasnt reloadable (ive done a few) in all my loads remington proved to be the most reliable."

Indeed, you did not say that Winchester wasn't reloadable. That info came from SGW, and while they admit Winchester can be reloaded, they do not recommend it, especially if looking to reload a hull more than once.

So yeah, I agree Remingtons are the best for reloading. And while experimenting with different loads, hulls, primers and so forth is frowned upon (nobody wants a gun to blow up in your face, and reloading forums are careful to emphasize following recipes closely)....there'll always be a few who do think outside the box on occasion.

On your "00" loads....are you using buffer, or felt wads and so forth? I dismantled a Winchester "00" shell, and found all kinds of pads, wads and buffer in it. With #4 buck, I'm loading straight into a WAA12, and it seems to perform fine, although I haven't patterned it as of yet.

• Like 1

"....never said winchester wasnt reloadable (ive done a few) in all my loads remington proved to be the most reliable."

Indeed, you did not say that Winchester wasn't reloadable. That info came from SGW, and while they admit Winchester can be reloaded, they do not recommend it, especially if looking to reload a hull more than once.

So yeah, I agree Remingtons are the best for reloading. And while experimenting with different loads, hulls, primers and so forth is frowned upon (nobody wants a gun to blow up in your face, and reloading forums are careful to emphasize following recipes closely)....there'll always be a few who do think outside the box on occasion.

On your "00" loads....are you using buffer, or felt wads and so forth? I dismantled a Winchester "00" shell, and found all kinds of pads, wads and buffer in it. With #4 buck, I'm loading straight into a WAA12, and it seems to perform fine, although I haven't patterned it as of yet.

no buffer but my buck is hard cast (10% tin cast by me) pretty much load it the same as you. pattern is about average its comparable to most of the value packs ive shot. pattern improves considerabley with a choke.

I wish you contacted me prior to posting your request. Please be careful my friend, I know your intent is well natured. You are trying to barter so that you are not indebted to anyone else; neither a lender nor debtor be.

First, let me ask how will you send the shells to the person? UPS and FedEX will ship it ORM-D which may cost a premium for a mere 5 shells. I've spent about $10 shipping only 6 shells across the river, from Missouri to Illinois, for testing. The USPS can NOT be used, period. Well, OK, if you wanna die in prison go ahead use the USPS. Just Kidding, DON'T ship ammo with the USPS!

Secondly, and unlikely, most people on this forum legally own their guns. There may be people trolling who "own" a shotgun but for some reason or other no longer are allowed to buy ammo. They gather trash for you while you unknowingly supply shells to a no good character.

I'll check my hull buckets and hit the range this Friday, I'm off work, and see what I can get fer ya. We'll discuss payment for shipping, if really necessary, later.

Peace.

-Michael

heres the deal. for every 100 (how they are usually sold) empty remington hulls. ill send you 5 reloaded 00 buck shells. basicly you send me trash and ill send you ammo. if anyone is interested pm me, if not well let this thread die a slow horrible death. :lolol:

• Like 1

I just got done reloading 2165 rounds of Winchester AA hulls and never have had a problem with them. In my mind sending back 5 rounds of 00 back to a person for every 100 hulls is not a good idea if you some how screw up a load (Not saying that you will) and ends up blowing the persons gun up or hurting them is not a chance i would want to take. The local shooting range I go to will not let you give out reloads.post-31053-0-56626100-1296748817_thumb.jpg