semi-auto masterkey SBS

heres my semi-auto masterkey, I just got the tax stamp back today and finished the work on the barrel.

Stripped the vent rib off, cut it to length, refinished it.

I milled the mount out of a M203 forging.

a1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0fdh.jpg

It holds 7rds 2 & 3/4in ammo, 5 in the tube, one in the gate, one in the chamber.

masterkey2.jpg

masterkey.jpg

Edited by mike123456

Are you a SOT dealer? No? I would then check the legality of that regardless of stamp, the stamp is for a SBS. If I am not mistaken, but I do not think I am, a civilian can not own a over and under in that configuration....... Just saying...... I hope I am wrong.......

Are you a SOT dealer? No? I would then check the legality of that regardless of stamp, the stamp is for a SBS. If I am not mistaken, but I do not think I am, a civilian can not own a over and under in that configuration....... Just saying...... I hope I am wrong.......

Your wrong.

It's a registered short barrel shotgun the same as a KAC masterkey shotgun. The KAC pump is arround $2000 + stamp

The pump action masterkeys suck, you have to reach way out where the muzzle of your rifle is to pump the forend. Not an easy task with the stock on your shoulder.

What did you do with the recoil spring?

I never really like the transition where the butt stock used to be.

the spring is arround the magazine tube. I did some reserch to figure out what shotguns could be used, most copy the browning A5 with the spring in the stock which is a nogo.

I could have milled the back of the shotgun reciever but the trigger group cant be shortened more without removing the safety so it'd be pointless.

IMG_0087.jpg

Edited by mike123456

Like i said before, redjackets version there isent any rifle magazine to hold onto when firing the shotgun. That must weigh a ton with a saiga on it. There is no place to put your hand on the bottom of the saiga reciever, you still have to be able to shoot the rifle, using the bottom of the reciever like a forend. Thats why I diden't use one.

My masterkey started off with a 6lb aluminum reciever 28in barrel shotgun. Mine probably adds arround 4lbs as is. (which is still heavy) I also used a colt M16A1 barrel to cut weight.

Edited by mike123456

Like i said before, redjackets version there isent any rifle magazine to hold onto when firing the shotgun. That must weigh a ton with a saiga on it.

Yeah huh.

There is no place to put your hand on the bottom of the saiga reciever, you still have to be able to shoot the rifle, using the bottom of the reciever like a forend. Thats why I diden't use one.

My masterkey started off with a 6lb aluminum reciever 28in barrel shotgun. Mine probably adds arround 4lbs as is. (which is still heavy) I also used a colt M16A1 barrel to cut weight.

Not as heavy as a saiga though. Nice work anyway

Whats the difference between that and having a Spikes havoc 37mm launcher with a 12 gauge adapter? Im not saying you are wrong ...just asking.

Like I said I am not sure, I guess I am wrong.... Thanks

Those adapters are for 12 gauge flares. Any 37mm launcher made to shoot "lethal" ammo is a DD.

Also the OP wanted a master key with multiple shots without a pump.

I took it out and ran a lot of different ammo in it to see what works. (I had a pile of random stuff, left over boxes) It cycles hornady TAP 8 pellot, 12 pellot rem. express, the 3in 12 pellot flight control, and win 1OZ slugs. It cycled some high brass fed birdshot not sure what it was.

Oddly enough it wont cycle 9 pellot 00 winchester, or 16 pellot #1

It cycles the main ammo I use, flight control and TAP/superformance though.

Edited by mike123456