Which do you like best   

66 members have voted

1. 1. What style of grip do you like best?

Zambidis, I run the AFG2 close in on my 11.5 inch gun and it's not too bad, like you said whatever makes people happy. Personally I feel too over extended being stretched out. It doesn't really seem tactically sound to me. There is greater control, accuracy-wise, but I just feel that in the house if someone got hold of the muzzle I would be at a disadvantage compared to having everything tucked in (wringing the towel). Also, you have to totally adjust your grip to muzzle thump someone, as opposed to a more traditional fighting stance. The extended stance is clearly superior for competition shooting, I'm just not so convinced for real world use. Just my opinion, I'm more than willing to change if/when proven wrong.

• 3 months later...

Huh, someone told me that using an AFG with a drum was extremely awkward - anyone want to weigh in on that?

It forces your off arm to run somewhat parallel to the gun, so if you installed the AFG to close to the drum your arm would want to go right through it. As people have mentioned though the AFG is designed to be all the way out on the end of your rail and give you a long grip. When installed in this long grip manner you have more then enough room to go around the drum.

Look at the pictures that Zambidis posted (post 24) and notice that in most of them his arm would clear a drum no problem, except in the last picture with the shorty where he doesn't have enough rail to get a proper grip on the AFG. Notice in the pic from ZFast300Z that his grip isn't installed far enough forward to use properly (post 27), its not a surprise he wants to get rid of it, it is very awkward to use when it isn't far enough out.

• 4 months later...

I've done carbine courses with the AFG and AFG2... I'd rather have the slimmer profile of the AFG2 for thumb over bore shooting.

On my S12 I still have an AFG but will change to the 2 when I get another.

Edited by ViperRy