I think I'm going to camo one of my Saigas

No offense, do away with the "Call of Duty" winter alpine camo unless you are using it in those environments all the time. Multicam it, call it good, and it will blend in with most environments anywhere. If you get in the snow, tie some pieces of ripped up sheets to it to break it up and blend in.

I like it. Some people like a certain camo pattern simply for the color, pattern and style, not necessarily the usefulness of it. Some people like redheads, others blondes, others brunettes. No problem.

I have zero personal need for camo on any gun I own...........but damnit I want something with a digi-cam paintjob, just for the sake of "I like it", which is more than enough reason for me to do it. I say go for it, and post pics. Lots of members have camo'ed their S12's and other guns, and they came out great.

This digi-cam in particular gives me an erection:

urban-digital-glock-30.jpg

As soon as I get the conversion done, the next thing on my agenda is doing a DuraCoat "Urban MirageFlage" paint job on mine, though I still vacillate a little over just going with ACU, since I have so much other "stuff" in ACU. I'm pretty handy with an airbrush so I'm not daunted by the painting though I'm a little less confident about some of the dissassembly that seems necessary to a good paint job; I can do minor stuff, but I'm no gunsmith or even gun mechanic. The real hassle with Duracoat is actually getting the stuff to Alaska since both the paint and the cleaning and reducing products have to go HazMat, but money will solve most any problem.