Sup guys, just thought I'd drop in and say hey.

Picked up my Saiga 12 on Friday, before this my only shotgun experience was my dads single shot, wow is all I have to say....

I had a hard time finding one, but oddly enough there's a guy who runs a shop out of his house right down the street that had one buried in his closet. what are the odds?

I think I got a pretty fair price for it considering he's a wheel and deal kinda guy and just asked me what I wanted to pay. I offered 550$ and he agreed. he said he ordered it for someone a while ago and they never came to pick it up. anybody know how I can tell the mfg year? it's a 3 port.

Tested it yesterday and this thing is amazing, I was a little worried at first because I picked up 2 bulk federal packs from wally world before dredging through this place and seeing issues people had with FTF and FTE's on bulk packs. well, I guess I got lucky. out of 200 rounds I put through it yesterday I only had about 5 FTE's and one FTF out of the first 25 I put through it, the FTF was out of the 12 (or 13 rather) SGM mag. after that it ran flawlessly for me. I had it on setting 1, well, I assume it's setting 1 (the 1 is next to the push button lock) that right? tried to search for a pic to be sure but couldn't find anything just want to make sure before I get something heavy for it. I did strip it down and clean it really well, oiled the moving parts, and put grease on the rails. after that everything slid much smoother, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I'm pretty new to the AK world I have one (probably dumb question) about maintenance\cleaning. does the puck need to be oiled? I searched didn't find anything so I assume no, but It definitely doesn't slide in\out as easy after I tore it down last night. Also any other maintenance\care tips would be appreciated, found a couple good things but sometime someone has a better, easier, way. The dealer gave me a quick run down on what to do, but my brain couldn't soak it up fast enough. Also suggestions on a muzzle brake, and recoil pad would be helpful (some look like more bling than functional, just wondering if anybody has experience trying a couple and what worked best for them). I feel like I got kicked by a mule 200 times and that was just birdshot. wont be trying any 3" slugs anytime soon LOL.

sorry for the long post, just excited about my new toy, TIA.

Snowman

well gee thanks...I know what a search box is, and used it. in fact you probably could've answered my questions in less keystrokes than your reply to search, but thats cool man, nice to meet you too.

"yes thats setting 1, no don't oil, I like this pad and this muzzle brake. enjoy!" would've sufficed...

my momma always said if you aint got nothing good to say don't say it at all...been using forums for years in fact I'm a moderator on one and have never told one person to search even if it's been answered over and over again. it's a waste of time for both of us, doesn't build friendships or a stronger community and just makes you look like a jackass.

Never mind these nay sayers! welcome! I am a newbie myself and I just finished my first conversion! CSS Carolina Shooters supply is where I got my stuff and he has videos on the site and youtube that make it so easy that its easier than lincoln logs! good prices and believes in costumer service! call him he is loads of help! :super: congrats on your saiga they are getting hard to get these days! and 550 is a great price now!

well gee thanks...I know what a search box is, and used it. in fact you probably could've answered my questions in less keystrokes than your reply to search, but thats cool man, nice to meet you too.

"yes thats setting 1, no don't oil, I like this pad and this muzzle brake. enjoy!" would've sufficed...

my momma always said if you aint got nothing good to say don't say it at all...been using forums for years in fact I'm a moderator on one and have never told one person to search even if it's been answered over and over again. it's a waste of time for both of us, doesn't build friendships or a stronger community and just makes you look like a jackass.

Edited by Guns Are Great

hey frostee, congrats on your new s12. $550 is a great price right now.

Don't oil the puck or the gas tube. it will gum up a lot faster.

the manufacture year is the 1st two numbers of the serial number which is on the front left side of the receiver.

ROFL ok Modzilla, it's up to you. the data on the forum is quite vast. Have fun.

• Like 1

Please PM this forum web address. I want to visit it... sounds like a nice place.

Thanks Snoofer and Guns are great, appreciate it, good to meet you guys, thanks for the warm welcome.

glad I could make you laugh dad, humor is the best medicine after all, I'll buy you a case for your help. I'll give you the approximate coords of where I put it. You'll just have to search to find it, I'd suggest using a map and compass, you can find one at your local sporting goods store which you can use google to find if need be naaaa.gif

anyways, enough jackassery.

anybody got a preference on a muzzle brake, do any work better than the others or is it just a personal preference for looks?

*edit... It's far from a nice place anymore mike, it's a local wakeboarding \boating forum in my area, site is just about dead now but, used to be a lot of fun in it's hay day. we did a lot of trips together, happy hours, and clinics, taught each other new tricks, offered up our boats to get newbs out and into the sport. Everyone was there to basically BS their day away until we could hit the lake or rivers Sadly one happy hour turned into a huge bar fight when someone moved in on another's woman and everyone went their separate ways.

Edited by Frostee

Maybe he is tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. Show some respect dude

• Like 1

yeah they will soon be correcting your grammar too! but don't let it get to you! there are some great vendors and helpful folks on this site! :super:

Please PM this forum web address. I want to visit it... sounds like a nice place.

Maybe he is tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. Show some respect dude

if you're tired of answering questions, don't reply. it's that simple. Telling someone to search is the same as telling them to F* off, hell in my searching I found that the search feature on this site isn't very good anyways and using Google advanced search works better. So for those of you searching and not finding what you need, use Google and put in site:saiga-12.com at the end of your search.

don't worry Guns, I know there are tons of good people and info on this site. I'm used to heckling, I got no problems giving it back. Thanks for actually welcoming me to the site. 027.gif

Dude you are to funny, still hung up over some one saying search for it?

Let me explain a little better, the forum has over 4000 members, each has a different knowledge level as it pertains Saiga's whether it be an S12 or a S308 or even other fire arms. Some modify these on a daily basis and are business members, some just do this as a hobby. So if you want advise from any member whether they know what their talking about or not just keep posting question that have already been answered two or three times.

I know my own knowledge level is quite low compared to others. But from doing searches and spending the time to find the information, my knowledge grows. Since being a member here I have not had to ask one single question on doing my mods, just a little searching. Learned quite a bit along the way and laughed my ass off at some of the non-technical stuff as well.

As an example there are quite a few posts on cleaning and oiling a Saiga. Some clean everything and oil everything, some clean everything and only oil the action, some don't clean anything and oil the action and some just let it ride and don't clean or oil anything. Which one is the best, who knows but by counts everyone has a functioning gun.

The answers are not cut and dried most of the time is my point, and if you read a little bit you might learn something.

• Like 1

+1

Oh your going to :devil: for that one??:cryss:

Fact: the search function on this forum sucks.

It works a helluva lot better than the one at barfcom :smoke:

I get about 90% success out of this one and the barfcom search is about 5%.

.......Since being a member here I have not had to ask one single question on doing my mods, just a little searching. Learned quite a bit along the way and laughed my ass off at some of the non-technical stuff as well.

.......and if you read a little bit you might learn something.

This

It is hard to dispute that fact, but I still manage to find what I'm looking for most of the time. I usually wind up reading a bunch of other threads that catch my interest while I'm searching.

It just boils down to the fact that some people enjoy searching, reading, learning and figuring things out on their own and other people prefer.......

post-25498-0-79355700-1299505273_thumb.jpg

It is hard to dispute that fact, but I still manage to find what I'm looking for most of the time. I usually wind up reading a bunch of other threads that catch my interest while I'm searching.

It just boils down to the fact that some people enjoy searching, reading, learning and figuring things out on their own and other people prefer.......

LOL! :lolol:

Yea i get side tracked while on the search also but when something ain't quite right man i want the answer now! My bad.

Perfect analogy, and I'm not a spoon feeder. :angel:

Look, different people have varying results using the search function. If a guy tries a few times and is frustrated, why shouldn't he post a question? That is what forums are for, discussion and learning.

There are a few things commonly seen on gun boards that wear me out, yet guys just love to post them.

1) use Search function!

2) Mag not Clip!

3) Suppressor not Silencer! (this one isn't even correct)

Seriously, you will be happier overall if you don't try to fix people. And who knows, it may give someone else a chance to show his own knowledge and help a fellow Saiga owner at the same time.

• Like 1

Look, different people have varying results using the search function. If a guy tries a few times and is frustrated, why shouldn't he post a question? That is what forums are for, discussion and learning.

There are a few things commonly seen on gun boards that wear me out, yet guys just love to post them.

1) use Search function!

2) Mag not Clip!

3) Suppressor not Silencer! (this one isn't even correct)

Seriously, you will be happier overall if you don't try to fix people. And who knows, it may give someone else a chance to show his own knowledge and help a fellow Saiga owner at the same time.

Ok, so someone asks and I give him the links to read the threads that have already been written on the subject and that STILL isn't good enough. One asshat even told me "fuck you" that it was "no help". It seems to be the ones that ask ALL of the reapeted questions and appear to not even attempt to find out if the simple question has been asked before, or the ones that want to be spoon fed an answer because they don't know proper nomenclature, basic function and think they are the first ones to ever have a problem.

I've taken the hint and try not to answer any repeated questions at all unless it's in a discussion. There are plenty of others on here that are willing to

If you can't find it, go for a vaguer question, such as "Oiling a gas system on a AK type weapon" and you would find that not only shouldn't you oil saigas, but SKS's, AK's, AR's, or anywhere where gas, powder particles, and lubricants shouldn't meet.

I find it amusing that instead of just not posting, people continue to bitch about people asking. If they never find out the answer, then maybe Darwins System works better.

Edited by Ned Beatty

I actually usually find what i'm looking for if not i ask for help? its what forum is about. Right?

+1

Oh your going to :devil: for that one??:cryss:

It works a helluva lot better than the one at barfcom :smoke:

I get about 90% success out of this one and the barfcom search is about 5%.