Help the new guy decide...

Last week I got a 12 and am now trying to decide what to do with it. My wife gave me my allownace of $225.00 to spend this week and I do not know what to do first to it. I need to stay within this alloted cash for now, till i get more allowance. My options are as follows, unless you can suggest something else.

1)conversion kit with stock, US FCG, etc... and a MD v plug....and mabey a tromix heavy \hitter firing pin.

2)same as above, but replace the firing pin with a twister puck gas piston (though I have no clue what it does or is for)

3)have bolt and all that good stuff polished

4) suggest away.....please stay in the $225.00 ballpark please.

No sir, one is 12 too many (other than the obvious reasons not) but she does let me spend tons of money, which is awesome.

So whats your advice for spending and why? I keep reading that if I do one thing it is _____________________. But 6 things cant be the only thing I do, so I am confused.

Maybe a new wife that lets him spend more money or no wife at all? Who needs more than one of those pains in the ass anyway?

BTW OP, have you fired the gun yet to see if it actually shoots? If you've done all the pre-conversion testing, I'd say go for the conversion kit you want.

Well, I would say convert, because it makes the gun so much better, but you simply must work the potential kinks out.

Go get yourself some slugs, buck, and some bulkpack. Put a good couple hundred rounds threw it and see how it shoots. After all, why do anything to it if it doesn't shoot consistently. You want it to shoot right first and foremost.

Tons? Your idea of tons must be different than mine. I spend 225 a week just on ammo. Ok I'm exaggerating a little. Lol

The Saiga is my most recent splurge. I spend tons of money on toys. I have fired 100 rounds through it which was cheap wallyworld federal pack ammo, since everything I read said it is the most challenging to get to fire. It cycled without any issue at all. I had 1 hangup from the drum, but cycled perfectly from the factory magazine with 100% consistency. I figfured running the cheap stuff through would be a litmus test of sorts.

So the consensus seems that teh conversion is better than the polishing angle. Can anyone explain why?

Is the MD V plug as goos as it says? What does a twister puck do/where does it go?

Tons? Your idea of tons must be different than mine. I spend 225 a week just on ammo. Ok I'm exaggerating a little. Lol

The Saiga is my most recent splurge. I spend tons of money on toys. I have fired 100 rounds through it which was cheap wallyworld federal pack ammo, since everything I read said it is the most challenging to get to fire. It cycled without any issue at all. I had 1 hangup from the drum, but cycled perfectly from the factory magazine with 100% consistency. I figfured running the cheap stuff through would be a litmus test of sorts.

So the consensus seems that teh conversion is better than the polishing angle. Can anyone explain why?

Is the MD V plug as goos as it says? What does a twister puck do/where does it go?

Well, if your guns fires fine then you might want to put your money elsewhere and not on the MD plug.

Well, I would say convert, because it makes the gun so much better, but you simply must work the potential kinks out.

Go get yourself some slugs, buck, and some bulkpack. Put a good couple hundred rounds threw it and see how it shoots. After all, why do anything to it if it doesn't shoot consistently. You want it to shoot right first and foremost.

What "kinks" am I loking for? What do you mean by shooting consistently? Shoot right meaning everytime I pull the trigger, type of right?

i even attached a photo of the new additions....bought as twins.

post-31605-0-74413000-1300238899_thumb.jpg

Wilton 360 rotating jaw vise

Jaw pads for vise

Dremel

Carbide bit

400 grit sandpaper

Dewalt Cobalt drill bits

Kobalt hobby files

Kobalt assorted small pliers set

Kobalt screwdriver set with picks

That is where I would start.... the evlblkwpnz version of "break in".... and you still have the tools instead of spent hulls.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

From the looks of that pic your S12 came with a pistol grip and stock so unless you wanted a different setup all you will need is a basic conversion kit. That's about $90 at CSS. (Enter CSS in the promo box for a 5% discount)

First thing's first, get the conversion kit and CONVERT.

Forget about the twister puck, or any puck for that matter. Other then being a compliance part they are useless. I've also read that that particular puck can do more harm than good.

Buy 100 rounds instead.

The extra firing pin is great to have as a backup, but doesn't seem necessary with a brand new shotgun, I would hold off on that until you have more funds.

Buy another 100 rounds.

I've heard nothing but good things about the VPlug, but it isn't a must-have or a fix-all.

Buy more ammo.

Check your ports, how many you have, what size, if they are obstructed, etc. If there is an issue address it accordingly.

Having your internals polished is a great idea. Paulyski is a business partner on these forums and does phenomonal work.

No sense in buying a bunch of stuff you don't need until you're sure your weapon cycles properly. Break that shit in!!

By the way there is a search feature up on the top right. There is endless amount of information on these forums. Everything you need to know plus more has been posted in the past.

Good luck :smoke:

Edited by nattyiceking