My Model 60 needs a scope any Ideas?

Hello forum guru's,

I am looking for a scope for my model 60 22lr by Marlin...I would like to walk it to 100 yards and that's it...I want to keep it under $75 if possible....do you know of any deals or experience...I have the irons fo up to 50 yards but really thought adding a scope would be fun and help harness the accuracy of his little rifle for small game.

Thanks in advance guys and gals

DJ Big Dog

Hello forum guru's,

I am looking for a scope for my model 60 22lr by Marlin...I would like to walk it to 100 yards and that's it...I want to keep it under $75 if possible....do you know of any deals or experience...I have the irons fo up to 50 yards but really thought adding a scope would be fun and help harness the accuracy of his little rifle for small game.

DJ Big Dog

I have one. I just put the cheep centerpoint 3to9 illuminate red or green from wally world on it and it works great also put the pistol grip drag stock on it afer I broke the original stoock. Has a whole difrent feel now. I love it

Hello forum guru's,

DJ Big Dog

I have one. I just put the cheep centerpoint 3to9 illuminate red or green from wally world on it and it works great also put the pistol grip drag stock on it afer I broke the original stoock. Has a whole difrent feel now. I love it

Centerpoints are solid scopes. I have a 4-16 on my .17 HMR and I use it to pick sparrows off my woodpile about 120 yards out. It's a little tough to see through at full magnification, but for $70 at WalMart I would definitely recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad has one,no scope. Problem I see it is the stupid 3/8 dovetail. That is just no way to mount an optic, even on a .22

I'd like to get a 70 PSS as a BOB and general utility (and one for my son to learn on) gun but it would need drilled and tapped and a base put on. The scope could be a bullshit fixed 4x cheapie, but it has to be on there solid. Having it milled out for an RMR would be sweet too, but I'd really appreciate some magnification, the .22 at any range needs to be precise.

I just do not trust the grooved reciever mounting system.

My dad has one,no scope. Problem I see it is the stupid 3/8 dovetail. That is just no way to mount an optic, even on a .22

I'd like to get a 70 PSS as a BOB and general utility (and one for my son to learn on) gun but it would need drilled and tapped and a base put on. The scope could be a bullshit fixed 4x cheapie, but it has to be on there solid. Having it milled out for an RMR would be sweet too, but I'd really appreciate some magnification, the .22 at any range needs to be precise.

I just do not trust the grooved reciever mounting system.

[/quote

The 22 has almost no reciol works fine for me