Just wanted to say thanks...

I completed my conversion a couple days ago, and never would have attempted to have done so without this forum and its wealth of knowledge....

So I just wanted to say Thank you!

Now to try and get some pictures....

Edited by Desolo
  • Like 2

Here we go, its a picture from a shitty camera, but it is picture nonetheless :killer: It had a tapco t6 stock with a slip on limbsaver (Only thing other then the tapco folder I could find when I went to look local before) and a SAW grip (which I thought I would hate, but has grown on me) along with the Tromix modified g2 trigger group and CSS billet trigger guard...

One day I intend to get ahold of a wood stock set and a handguard retainer, but this will work juuuust fine until then....

Did it with a dremel and a drill and without a vice :unsure:

Its amazing what one can do with the right amount of cursing and hardheadedness :super:

post-30838-0-17898300-1300721369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Desolo
  • Like 2

Id wanted to get ahhold of an S-12 for a looooong time, and got ahold of one finally... I figured If I had one, i may aswell go all the way with it. :) Made sure it worked alright then started getting parts together.

Although I really should have have found a vice, seemed like I needed 3 hands :lolol:

jmzzl: I live in a REALLY small house LOL that room is also the kitchen :lolol::cryss:

it was also the only room that had enough light for a decent picture...

Edited by Desolo

Nice job, I know how you feel, I just completed my 1st conversion last week the same way: no vice, a dremel, and a drill... A vice would have definately made the process a lot easier... but the dremel turned out to be a life saver on some of those rivets!

Nice job, I know how you feel, I just completed my 1st conversion last week the same way: no vice, a dremel, and a drill... A vice would have definately made the process a lot easier... but the dremel turned out to be a life saver on some of those rivets!

The dremel is an awesome tool, its a shame I never messed with one in depth until I used it for this.

Due to the fact it was so useful for this, I may have to get one of my own since I borrowed this one, along with a vice for (Hopefully) a next time LOL

The dremel is an awesome tool, its a shame I never messed with one in depth until I used it for this.

Due to the fact it was so useful for this, I may have to get one of my own since I borrowed this one, along with a vice for (Hopefully) a next time LOL

Yeah they definately pay for themselves, I've had my dremel since 95' & have abused the hell out of it cutting & grinding metal, and It's still going strong! LOL

16 years and still going strong? Damn, that IS good :super: What model is it if I may ask? I may have to look one like that up...The one I borrowed was a cordless one but im thinking id rather have a corded one myself.

Yeah, its dremel model 395 (I think type 2, but don't know for sure, the sticker is worn off, lol) it has the variable speed from 5000 to 30,000 RPM's... (mine is the 120v model, not the cordless) I think the newer model is 395 type 5. Yeah like I said, definately a good investment, plus you can order replacement parts for just about anything if it wears out or breaks!

Edited by naildriver1971