Saiga .308 Ver21

Finally got back to the range with the Ver21 to zero-in my scope.

My 1st attempt was with a 2-peice scope mount which the screws ended up stripping out on me & my scope fell off!

...What a waste of bullets trying to zero with a crap scope mount!

This time I used a 1 peice Leapers UTG Scope mount I had laying around; its working good.....

This is @ 100 yards shooting Russian Steal Case 150gr FMJ TulAmmo.

10.5 Inch Target. Black area measures 5.25"

All these shots were taken on a bench rest with sand bags.

IMG_0_158.jpg

The group on the right was my 1st 3 shots after zero'd @ 50 yards. It measures 1.25 Inches

The Tall group (circled in blue) are after I made my adjustment (they were all shot with on the same adjustment). The 1st shot was one of the Bullseyes. A few of those shots I know I rushed them, and once I acedently tried to shoot while I had the safty on... which when I pulled the trigger I jerked the rifle... so I KNOW I wasn't doing as good as I could have. The two in the center are two shots that I steadily pulled the trigger untill it shot. When I'm surprised at when the rifle shoots... then I know I'm doing it right. Also the shots did not shoot pregressively higher; it was random (I was just all over the place).

IMG_0105.jpg

~Stephen

Edited by ItsAllCreated
  • Like 1

Very nice.. I'd like :wub: the v21 also.. I have the standard S-308 21".. w/brake

Try some Hornady Ammo either the 110gr TAP or 150gr SST flavor.. :killer:

watch the groups SHRINK.. :super:

(based on my experiance)

Grafs has it in single box with just $5 shipping on ammo orders.. :super:

thats how I found my BEST LOAD for my Saiga 308 w/21" bbl..

Albert

Thanks guys

I'll have to try some better ammo some time.

I think most of that accuracy (or lack of) is me though.

& a few other things... 15mph winds (Shooting range is haflway up a mountain), & at 100yards the cross hairs in my scope completely cover ther "X" on the bullseye (I had to quarter up the black area with the cross hairs best I could to get on target).

All in All I'm much happier with it than last time I tried to zero it in haha :)

1.25" groups arent too bad all things considered.

1.25" groups arent too bad all things considered.

Especially not with Tula/Wolf. If mine liked the cheap stuff that well, I'm not sure I'd bother reloading for it.

The trigger on my ver. 21 would often surprise me as well. While I think it's good for training purposes and doesn't hinder accuracy any, I eventually replaced it so I could use higher capacity mags. Plus I eventually got tired of being surprised.

• 4 weeks later...

Im looking for one of these .. can you say where you got it and around how much it cost you??

Thanks!!

i can put one up on gunbroker if you want. not sure what its worth. i have too many ak variants to play with her. 40 rounds shot out of it. standard shipping marks. wish they would take better care of them. let me know.

Fair price would be in the $700 range, considering they were going for $650.00 last time I saw them for sale, and they are no longer available for the foreseeable future.