saiga 12 for hunting whitetail and turkey

hi i own a saiga .223 that i converted my next saiga will probably be a 12 gauge........my question is i do alot of whitetail hunting and was wondering what the best version of the saiga 12 would be for this? and this year im getting into turkey hunting and would also like to use it for that i have no idea about chokes other than they make the spread different........also i own a mossberg 500 and have two different barrels ones a "bird" barrel and the other is a "slug" barrel.....does the saiga 12 have different barrels? or can you just use one?

any version of the s 12 is great for whitetails the 24 inch barrel would probly improve youre accuracy with slugs , but after a hundred yards with rifled slugs im not really sure that would matter ,also thats another 5 inches of barrel youve got to manuver through the brush and bring to bear on a target usally in a off balanced and a unstable position . imo the most important aspect of youre set up for deer hunting is youre sights . look for something that allows you to quickly aquire and follow youre target cause in my expieriance deer in shotgun season are rarely just standing around, red dots are perfect for this, they.re cheap and accurate . if you want to spend a little money and really get a quality product imo Eo tech,s are the best sight around for this application , theyre also great for turkey , pheasant , or trap . as far as chokes are concerned im really happy with my poly choke II . it,ll let you adjust all the way from slug to extra full and everything in between. unfortunatly youre stuck with just a smooth bore barrel , OH how i wish there was a rifled barrel available for s12,s

• Like 1

It appears Cobra sells a WinChoke adapter you could possible use a rifled choke with? Check out his vendor page.

With rifled slugs, it's a <100yd gun. Other than that limitation, no reason it wouldn't work as well as any other. I took mine turkey hunting, I really liked it for that purpose.

+1 for the polychoke. I don't know why you'd want anything else on the end of your barrel.

Oh, I don't know about that...

mk37.jpg

I used to run a Polychoke, and still recommend it as ideal for hunting applications. But I don't think you'd have a problem taking a deer with a Monster Brake, (as pictured), in place and the recoil would be lighter for accurate, fast follow-up shots, (hopefully not necessary of course).