"Specialty" rounds

Come on mcuzi,

I was kidding about the flamethrower, I wouldn't do that to ANY gun I owned, especially not an auto. Where the hell would you shoot that anyway? It hasn't rained here in a month!

Click on the link and scroll down, my interest lies in the tracer slugs, flechette rounds, and yeah, maybe the chain thing would be cool too! Has anyone used these in any shotgun??

OOOHHH - Flamethrower!!!! :eek:

I've shot the tracers. I wish I still had some for the 4th! They're usually pretty cool between mortars. I might have to get some flamethrowers & blast those damn squirrels during deer season!

OOOHHH - Flamethrower!!!!  :eek:

I've shot the tracers. I wish I still had some for the 4th! They're usually pretty cool between mortars. I might have to get some flamethrowers & blast those damn squirrels during deer season!

furry flaming squirrels probally won't help keep the deer around..just a thought

:lolol:

Y'all gotta be mucho careful with those rounds.

Incindiary/tracers can start a woods fire without much effort. When you get into flamethrower rounds, it's a pretty sure thing unless you are tripletime careful.

or you could just live in an area of the country that seems like a rainforest part of the year. But you do make an excellent point McUzi because the rounds do have the power to make things catch on fire...not that i would of ever disposed of the old couch with one :angel:

You know..

if I move away from here for a new job... this might be JUST the ticket. The local range I go to are like "range nazi's".

For my final trip, I think bump-firing 8 of these "flame throwers" quickly will be JUST the thing I need ;-)

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

A friend of mine bought a case of surplus 7.62x39 some years back for his SKS, and the last two boxes were tracers. They were shooting near Phoenix in some kind of national park or wildlife refuge, something like that. Long story short, he lit an entire hillside on fire by accident. His buddy argued with the cop, and dared him to write him a ticket. He went to court, and told them that they couldn't prove shit because they weren't the only one's shooting out there, and got off shot-free.

disclaimer:

I'm not saying that it's okay to light a nat. forest on fire, just kind of a funny story. Don't light forests ablaze! build a big pile of 2x4's, and shoot that shit. Or a car at a junkyard!

i went into detail on lots of these different exotic rounds in a post long ago. I think its in the guest book or the saiga12 section. Ive had a lot of experience with different rounds, and I happily share that knowledge.

I just got doen with my 4th of july shooting session here, and I was very dissapointed that the police didnt show up to bother me. ( I

was so looking forward to telling them to get the fuck off my property)my sar got so hot the moisture in the air rusted it a bit :) heh heh. I would take pictures of the aftermath, but im sure someone would think im nuts or doing something illegal from the results. put it this way, i had to put out a couple fires, there are little pieces of bedrock IN my truck, on the roof of the house and garage, and there are now about a dozen more trees laying down in splinters.

exotic ammo is only so much fun. just fire a few thousand extra rounds, and you'll be FINE. oh yeh, and make sure you have water nearby :)

Bvamp,

That's my kind of 4th! Too bad you live in NY, we'd be blowin' shit up on a weekly basis! All my buddies stationed at Ft. Drum hate NY because of the gun laws, they had to leave their shit at thier parents' house. One friend told me that you had to have a permit just to own any gun, and the permit was just as hard to get as a conceal & carry....... is that true??

shaneman, NY law is funny. you cannot bring assault weapons INTO some of the major cities here first of all. second, pistol permits are NO GOOD in some of those same cities as well. at any rate, you need to be a citizen of the USA and thats about it to own a long arm here. a pistol on the other hand, you cant even buy without a concealed carry permit, which is somehwat easy to get these days, depending where you live, and what your history is.

further, a convicted felon, can, yes, CAN, have a firearm on thier property ONLY. the stipulation for that is that you arent a violent felon like a murderer or wife beater or gang banger or whatever, and the wait for your right to protect your family and home comes back after i THINK 5 years from your CONVICTION date. that might have changed, not sure about that. Im pretty sure its still on the books, and is very very limited, in that once you go through all the conditions, there really arent many felons eligible to own a gun to protect thier house and home. further, i believe a felon can reapply for thier right to vote after 15 years of non-trouble after date of conviction.

shaneman, I DO shoot every week here, actually, but i appreciate the thought :) im here again today working on the house here, and i was just outside and pulled shrapnel out of my pop's wall. heheh. dont tell him. i have to get up on his roof before he sees how much gravel there is up there too. I think i managed to pick up all the spent shells in the lawn though, at least. i run a course, so the shells basically cover the entire yard when im done.

dinzag: there is a bird here that has balls of solid brass. it knows that i tear up the ground when i shoot here, and it will actually fly by when im shooting my course, and even sometimes LANDS right in the course to pick worms and bugs up AS im firing still...now thats bold i tell ya. i figure if that bird is that bold, hell, i cant shoot the damn thing. everybody here gets a kick outta him, actually. ill see if i can remember to get a picture of him in the act, or a short clip of him doing his thing. never seen anything like it.

Man,

Those are some messed up laws BVamp, sounds like a whole lot of fun, destroying shit and what not.

scoutjoe,

The rufus for the m44, that's a 7.62x54r right? How do you like that? Does it actually explode, or is it BS?

in that case i'll be right over with the Starburst and the last of the Rufus i have for my M44 and we'll see how much that armor helps him then

Bring it on!

dinzag: there is a bird here that has balls of solid brass...

HaHaHa - let it live! Probably was a rangermaster in a former life! My buddy's dog (3 legged no less) has it in for fireworks. You light it, he grabs it and runs! He had been shot & lost his leg, so when he hears guns or fireworks he comes unglued! He's a nut! Remember, only drunks let their dogs play with fireworks!

Edited by dinzag
Man,

Those are some messed up laws BVamp, sounds like a whole lot of fun, destroying shit and what not.

scoutjoe,

The rufus for the m44,  that's a 7.62x54r right?  How do you like that?  Does it actually explode, or is it BS?

your correct it is in the 7.62x54r, and its alright the flash isn't quite as big as it seems to be on the site. Personally i liked the "starburst" stuff better it seemed to have umm..more potential to catch things on fire. both of the rounds explode though. i bought the rufus first and it was good i just cracked up when i bought it because than 60 mins ran that show about the .50 cal and they mentioned how illegeal the rufus was....yet i owned some? :haha: anyways both are fun, but the starburst seems to be more fun :killer:

either way shooting it out of the 7.62x54r makes a flame on both ends out of the M44 :devil:

the dragon's breath is nothing like the pic. the pic is taken with an open shutter so it catches the trail of phosphorous (or whatever it is) and all the other overlapping trails so it looks like a huge fountain of fire. in reality it looks like a buncha sparks shooting downrange.

they will cause a brushfire though...found that out the hard way, d'oh!

QUOTE(shaneman153a @ Jul 6 2005, 08:21 PM)

I'm gettin' some for my PSL. 

Man, when the chinese come, I'll be the ultimate insurgent

lets just say i'll help ya with the insurgency

count me in... I got enough firepower to arm half a small underdeveloped nation...we grab my buddies guns, we can take on half the world! ROFL!!!!!

:smoke: