Do I dare do it?

This wont happen right away...either way (have to save the cash and get onto the list)

Question: Do I shorten my 19" Tromix to an 8"?

I would like to take my S12 deer hunting in the future, and cutting down to an 8" would rule that out......

I would have to go through the expense of purchasing a second S12 for hunting in the future.

Cobra made me a 2 round mag and an adapter to use winchokes.

I'm not real familiar with the cost or process for the 8" paperwork (I know there is a section on this forum to explain that)

What to do?

post-22193-0-68198200-1306372731_thumb.jpg

post-22193-0-51843200-1306372749_thumb.jpg

Your gun is pretty badass, maybe buy a new one to SBS and start over from scratch. One man's opinion. :smoke:

Thanks for the compliment. Tony does nice work :super: ..... It would only take a little trim to the barrel and alittle gas work......

Already have decent amount of money invested in this one......Gonna be tough choice

Your gun is pretty badass, maybe buy a new one to SBS and start over from scratch. One man's opinion. :smoke:

Thanks for the compliment. Tony does nice work :super: ..... It would only take a little trim to the barrel and alittle gas work......

Already have decent amount of money invested in this one......Gonna be tough choice

I just started working on my 8" a few weeks ago. I have a pretty decked out machine shop so I decided to do it myself. I have my gas system shortened and will shorten the barrel from 19" to 8.25" when I get my stamp in the mail. I don't see the process as a very difficult matter for anyone with a cursory knowledge of lathe and welding practices. I think my finished product will be more than passable compared to the professionals that build these for sale.

I just posted my project in this forum the other day. Check it out:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/67126-my-new-saiga-12-project-form-1-super-short-build/

Edited to add...

I think that your current S12 has no added part that can't be sold or reused on another stock gun in the future. When you build an 8", you are going to strip the gun down to it's base parts and build up from there. If you use this gun or another new candidate, it matters not.

I sold my first S12 build and bought a new one to build my 8" because I wanted to go another direction with the sights. That was the only reason. The sights on your top cover and gas block wouldn't change. Your galil charging handle work woulndn't be wasted. Go for it. Do it yourself. If you mess it up, send it to Tony to weld up and fix!!!

---Catter

Edited by Wildcatter

Just find one for sale. I'd sooner buy a lathe and try to build my own before I'd wait a year or two to get one. It may be worth the wait to you, so get what you want.

It's not that long. I ordered a S17 in January and now I'm just waiting for Tromix to get the Form 3 back.

Things have changed then. 6 months doesn't seem that bad.