MD Arms 'Booster Puck' VS Stock Puck Video

I'm planning on making another video to test the puck versus fouling. See if I can get any malfunctions after about 300 rounds without cleaning. I imagine with the puck being so light compared to the stock puck that it might be more prone to malfunction as the resistance from build up inside the gas chamber increases... but who knows. So far, my experience with the booster puck is nothing but positive.

Edited by Risky
  • 10 months later...

It is no secret that I am a fan of MD Arms products, but the MD Booster puck doesn't add much benefit. It may work for S12s that are right on the ragged edge of running, but the CSS puck is far better. For instance, the unconverted factory S12 would not eject federal bulk in a 10 round sgm mag with the factory puck. With the CSS puck, it would eject Federal bulk in an MD-20 drum. I didn't want to beleive it, but that is what happened. Out of all of the "reliability" products out there, the CSS puck is the only one that I recommend.

My converted S-12 will cycle Federal heavy field shot reliably out of a MD drum, but I went through an entire 100 pack of universal winchester bulk stuff yesterday 1 round at a time - tried factory 5 rnd mag, 10rnd AGP and 20 round MD drum.

It NEVER cycled once on that ammo.

4 port gun, all 4 ports are at least mostly open if not completely open.

Gun has seen probably 200 rounds since conversion.

Has a v-plug installed.

I'm trying to find that little added "oomph" to get the cheap stuff cycling so I'm hoping the CSS booster puc will be it.

My converted S-12 will cycle Federal heavy field shot reliably out of a MD drum, but I went through an entire 100 pack of universal winchester bulk stuff yesterday 1 round at a time - tried factory 5 rnd mag, 10rnd AGP and 20 round MD drum.

It NEVER cycled once on that ammo.

4 port gun, all 4 ports are at least mostly open if not completely open.

Gun has seen probably 200 rounds since conversion.

Has a v-plug installed.

I'm trying to find that little added "oomph" to get the cheap stuff cycling so I'm hoping the CSS booster puc will be it.

You should remove the Gas Block and check the ports. That will ensure you are properly gassed. Then if your gun is properly gassed then try the other products.

Just my 2c.gif

Edited by Guns Are Great
  • Like 1

Win Uni is the worst crap to run in your weapon, it's like putting diesel in a corvette. Still though, if you want to be able to run that shit, here's how.

Four ports at 3/32", autoplug, re-profile and polish and it will run that shit from the hip if you set the autoplug properly.

They used to, but that is bad, because it reduces lock time, and has less force to put the next shell into battery. 1911 springs work. Gas work is cheaper and better.

soft springs is like turning up the idle to make your car not stall when you have a plugged carburetor jet. It can work, but it just isn't quite right, and the real solution is just as easy.

finally got around to trying some federal bulk pack and it cycled just fine - so F the win uni!

won't quite eject from the hip, but it will at least eat it now.

just ordered a CSS puc to see if that will give it the last little bit of oomph to cycle from the hip

if not I'll pull the gas block and work on the ports

What kind of video do y'all wanna see?

Something like it cycling from shoulder but not hip w the factory puck then cycling from the hip w the CSS, all using Wally world federal bulk?

I can prob shoot one like that here in a couple of days if that's what you're wanting.

Yea that would be great. So with the css puck it now cycles from the hip? We are just wanting to see what kind of results you ended up with? Did you do any work to the ports?

with the factory puck it would cycle from the shoulder but not from the hip, I was going to work on the ports, but decided to give the CSS puc a shot first.

now it will cycle from the hip as well.

I havent tried the bulk winchester uni again, that crap ticked me off so bad last time that I won't buy it again.

Also I found my WM has better ammo CHEAPER than the bulk pack - winchester xpert steel.

1325 FPS and $4.97/25. The federal and win uni bulk are $21/100 and 1200FPS.

Hotter ammo and a buck cheaper per 100 rounds is a win win in my book - I bought all they had today.

Guy looked at me funny, buying 350 rounds of it.

I'll try to get a vid up soon

Nice lil video... Looks like it makes a big difference to me. I think this puck will be next on my list to buy. Also i looked today at wally world for that xpert steel you mentioned above but i couldnt find it. They did have some federal shells with a mv of 1250 fps and were also $4.97, which is cheaper than the bulk pack. I'll probly give those a try.

Edited by Bigchris