15 round saiga mags?

I'm not gona jerk anybody's chain, after the "thread that shall not be mentioned" I am sick of the bovine feces. ANd I am so pissed off, I'm actually MOTIVATED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... so I am thinking on talking to the local plastic injection molding shop... I'm good at mechanical design.... And a perfectionist.

well, this is theoretical right now, but the ball (almost) is rolling, and I'm trying to get a friend involved. I am not going to promise anything now, but I want them bad enough, and I can design a good product :haha: . I know they would sell like hotcakes at $35 shipping included, each. Maybe I could get a hundered or so at first.

I told my friend that we could sell 3,000 in a month....

But , if we do this, we will only be making 50 or a 100 at first. Actually, we'll only be making a few untill we know we have the design right. :angel: I think we could get 100 done for pretty cheap, compared to how much they are worth. :super:

ANd unlike SOME people, if I make one of these, I will supply pictures, video of the range testing.... and whatever else... and they won't be for sale on ebay :killer:

Hi everyone, longtime lurker, first post.

All I have to say is that I wish you well and not to sound like the Daewoo thread :ded: but at $35 for 15 rounds, I would be in for 3 mags. That and one other thing.

I CALL SHOTGUN ON FIELD TESTING :lolol:

I'm also looking at BRG3's mag adapter as well. But if I don't have to mess with the reciever, all the better. At least BRG3's adapter is my failsafe solution.

BTW, don't mean to get nosey, but how are you going to design them. Are you going to take a regular 308 mag, copy it, and make it longer to hold more rounds. (That's what I would do.)

Anyway, my 308 is safe on laway so I will have to wait until I get it before I decide. Saw that supply yas drying up, so I made the jump. Not to mention that Scheels has had my Garand for over 6 weeks for a simple barrel replacement. :angry: I wonder if they didn't FUBAR the reciever and are trying to cover their butts.

In THIS thread, would it be possible to NOT have it turn into some HALFASSED FIASCO of "I'LL TAKE THIS MANY" ?!?!

We all know that EVERYONE WANTS THEM.... there IS A market...

When the mags are available... THEN hound the guy with how many you want....VIA EMAIL!!!!!!!

PLEASE!

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms
In THIS thread, would it be possible to NOT have it turn into some HALFASSED FIASCO of "I'LL TAKE THIS MANY" ?!?!

We all know that EVERYONE WANTS THEM.... there IS A market...

When the mags are available... THEN hound the guy with how many you want....VIA EMAIL!!!!!!!

PLEASE!

Can I say I'll believe it when I see it just to get my post count up?! :super:

I applaud any effort to get this product to market.

i do not share the venom of others, and will encourage everyone who posts that they are working on it.

Why?

Because someday, someone WILL!

The other day I slid the floorplate off a s-308 mag, and noticed that a surplus Hakim mag at the bottom has an outward directed metal lip. This metal lip fits just snugly into the slot where the saiga's floorplate would go but it only slid in a couple centimeters.

The saiga mag tapers toward the front, so the straight-walled hakim mag quickly becomes too wide to continue further in the slot.

IDEA:

If we can find a 308 (or similar length cartridge) mag with an outward lip, it MIGHT be able to slide in place of the saiga's floorplate. It would probably have to be double-stack, and preferably taper toward the front as well. Although a file/dremel can make some adjustments to the width of the lip.

Then a hacksaw to the feed lips of the old mag and a piece of flat metal to make a new floorplate and a new, looooooong spring.

Ideally, the original saiga follower would be used if it slides down the 'mag extension' well.

There: an add-on capacity enhancer, no permanent mods to saiga.

Now, to find the right surplus magazine...

C-

after sleeping on it, I think it would be best to just make a magazine body at this point.

I have a coupple mags to use as a pattern. I figure I'll just extend the mag a couple inches, so it'll hold bout 15 or 16 rounds, and use the original follower, floorplate and spring.

This is dependant on my ability to to talk the shop into making a small number, cheap enough for me to afford :chris:

if this works, I may decide to go further... baby stepsa... right?

Again, no promises... and nobody start asking for "I'll take this many" :killer:

I'll believe it when I see it too..... :haha:

what about linkable sections of 8? i live in new jersey, and they're tight about those sort of things.

you could go from 8 to 16 in a simple swap of springs and linkages... i mean, a hi-cap magazine is great and all, but isnt slamming in a new clip and racking that handle back and hearing a fresh round chamber half the fun?

Edited by bmanrkg3

How about....

Somebody actually get some made, and then just offer them for sale. No talk, just drop'em on the market. Talk is fine, but there's been plenty, time to see a product.

No offense to this threads starter. :smoke:

What really sucks is that you can get higher than standard capacity mags for just about every other Saiga from Russia, except the .308. I'm sure it's been asked a 1001 times, but WHY???

I wonder how many people out there have done something like cpileri's idea? Achieving what we all want, hi-cap mag for our S-308 without modifying the receiver/mag well.

:angel:

I have.

Definitely not anything I'm going to market, suggest or recommend anybody try. It looks kinda like the 10 round 20 gauge mags. It doesn't look factory pristine, but it don't look half-ass rigged either. It's just nice knowing I can slap a big stick in my '08 if I want to. :killer::super:

Edited by AK-treO8

why all the hi-cap hype? why cant we be happy with 8 rounders? especially us in the more restrictive states...

though if anyone is willing to provide room and board until i can get a decent job and find my own place in a less restrictive state, im more then willing to try it :wolfwood:

Go for it. If you build a good product (at a price you can afford for R&D and production), not only will you make some good money, but you will be doing a great service for all those who own Saiga .308's. By the way, does anybody out there know how many Saiga .308's total came into this country??? Just curious, thanx.