That would be a gangsta grip so it really would be vertical after you turn the weapon 90 degrees right? Joking aside, why would you? Might as well put on a chainsaw handle instead. They were designed to force your non-firing elbow down creating a more stable shooting platform instead of chicken winging it.

That would be a gangsta grip so it really would be vertical after you turn the weapon 90 degrees right? Joking aside, why would you? Might as well put on a chainsaw handle instead. They were designed to force your non-firing elbow down creating a more stable shooting platform instead of chicken winging it.

Mossberg has already done it.

Iirc, the old Stens used to use the mag(side mounted) as a "foregrip", except for when real accuracy was called for.

How about useing an offset(7 or 5 o'clock) forgrip. Not quite the support of a 6 o'clk but out of the way of the drum(maybe?).

Just a thought, I'm bullpupping with a 12rnd drum, the foregrip is not an issue for me, lol.

You do remember that this is a shotgun right?

You do remember that this is a shotgun right?

Umm, yeah, are you looking at an offset vert mount off the side rail leaving it still vertical or just putting the VFG on the side rail as your OP seemed to point to? I do see a reference to a Sten which is the ancestor of the Sterling my buddy has. When you have a weapon essentially the same as a greasegun with a stick mag hanging out the side, that is what you have to grab apart from the heat shield. Not ergonomic, stay off the mag with a Sten/Sterling to be effective.

I have this, and I like it. It mounts to the side rail so you have no mag loading problems. It has a slight angle canting it out to the left a little, its one option. :smoke:

Have you shot it a lot? How does it hold up? I can't really see what your rig looks like from the close-up.

Edited by Butzbach

I have this, and I like it. It mounts to the side rail so you have no mag loading problems. It has a slight angle canting it out to the left a little, its one option. :smoke:

Have you shot it a lot? How does it hold up? I can't really see what your rig looks like from the close-up.

I have shot it a lot, over 1,500 rounds with it mounted. It holds up to abuse very well. It has never even had to be tightened. It also allows the use of an attachment on the rail also. It is not in that pic, but I usually have a light mounted on that rail. The thing is built tough, and with the Chaos rail it has never wiggled or came loose. I wish I had another one for another gun. I will try to post a better pic for you.

If you simply use a stubby VFG and place it right, it won't get in the way. I run a stubby KZ on my S12 and I don't experience any interference with it while changing mags or drums.

Better pic

post-19600-0-59774300-1307561126_thumb.jpg

Here is another

Ah so, now I see! Very nice and just enough off set without going gangsta. Thank you very much for taking the time to take and post the pic.

Can you mention the brand name and ballpark cost?

Thanks again!

Edited by Butzbach