Those of you running HK sights

Anyone install a set of XS sights?

I just put two sets on tonight. 1 set of big dots for the S12 and 1 set of standard dots for the .223. I gotta say these things rock. Sight picture is faster and way more exact. Not to mention they have tritium in them. IMO this set up is by far the best I have found for the platform.

Can be seen here at the bottom.

http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=tactical

So anyone else put a set on?

Hello

I've spent a lot of $$$ fiddle-farting around with various rail/sight arrangements, including AR-style BUIS cowitness w/ EoTech, etc. and after all that bullshitting around, I've landed at the XS system as the ultimate sighting system for my S-12's.

Lightweight, fast, nimble, all the good shit, none of the bad shit.

And, pretty damn cheap in comparison to the failed "experimental" stuff I've tried.

The only conceivable upgrade might be a TWS dogleg for the S12 when they come out, so the HK/XS rear can be mounted "unfixed" on a hinged dustcover.

JMHO....

-guido

Good to hear!

You can get the sights for a decent price if you search around. If one of the main siaga parts retailers would put togeather a pkg it would lower the price a bunch.

all you would need is the following.

Siaga shotgun or rifle modified G3 sight

Rear base

XS sight kit

No need for the rear drum at all.

I can not wait to get my s12 bolt back from Pauly and getting some range time.

Good to hear!

You can get the sights for a decent price if you search around.

As long as we're defining $200+ as a decent price? The XS sights alone are $120 pretty much everywhere I've looked. Once you hit $250, you might be better off with Troy Micros..

Edited by erwos

My XS sets were $80 for each.

That leave the saiga specific G3 front site, ~$50 and a G3 rear base that you can grind yourself. The ones I have gotten that were modded for the siaga looked like they were done a 5 year old with a bench grinder.

should be under $150 ish for the "set".

The added benefit here is that you don't have to add a ton of unneeded weight with a tacticool rail system. Light and functional >*

Edited by bpipe95

My XS sets were $80 for each.

That leave the saiga specific G3 front site, ~$50 and a G3 rear base that you can grind yourself. The ones I have gotten that were modded for the siaga looked like they were done a 5 year old with a bench grinder.

should be under $150 ish for the "set".

The added benefit here is that you don't have to add a ton of unneeded weight with a tacticool rail system. Light and functional >*

You say the saiga specific G3 Front site are you talking about the ones that Carolina shooting supply sells or where do you find the g3 base and how do you grind it to fit.I want to do the HK sites on two of my saigas my 308 and a s12 do you have any pictures you can post

I did get both of my sets from CSS, one for the rifle that has a narrow base in order to fit the gas block, and one standard one cut down for the s12's gas block.

I will be traveling for business over the next two days but I will get a pic up when I return.

Not sure, I do not run any aftermarket rails (on my siagas) as I find that they add weight but have no real benefit for me. Though the Chaos stuff does look nice, maybe you should get in touch with the manf. and see what they say.

Edited by bpipe95

Would these work with a Chaos rail? http://www.robertrtg.com/416sights.html

Its funny you posted these I ordered two sets last night one for my chaos rail, and a set for my saiga rifle, But After I paid for them on that site I found them on another site for $30.00 but they where sold out.whats nice is you can order them without the rear site and you'll just get the rear base and complete front in case you already have the site.