An ATF operation gone terribly wrong.... How original.

Really this is news?

(this comment is intended to be a joke about the ATF, being a constant screw up when it comes to sting operations, not the OP )

• Like 1

An ATF operation gone terribly wrong.... How original.

Really this is news?

What I thought was news is that it goes to the congressional hearing next week. ATF goes terribly wrong all the time, true. How many times does it make it to a congressional hearing? I expect nothing but hope for something.

Thanks for posting the link. Obama and Holder authorized this and should be held accountable for their actions but nothing will happen to them. Obama is revered and is the new proclaimed messiah and will just say "I knew nothing about this". I'm befuddled by the leftists that continue to support an administration that wants to squash their gun rights. Bill Carter has paid a heavy price not hope and change he can believe in. Obama and Holder need to be thrown in prison.

http://www.khou.com/news/Report-Houston-is-Mexicos-biggest-gun-supplier-111832399.html

Yakdung

I'm befuddled by the leftists that continue to support an administration that wants to squash their gun rights.Obama and Holder need to be thrown in prison.

How do you mean? To me, it seems like this administration hasn't come remotely close to the conspiracy theorist paranoia I hear parroted about taking all our guns away. He hasn't touched gun rights because it would be politically untenable. Even if he honestly wants to, it's just not going to happen.

Thrown in prison for what? Doing a less than stellar job? A lot of politicians are guilty of that.

ETA - shouldn't this be in the political forum?

Edited by Dudethebagman
  • Like 1
I'm befuddled by the leftists that continue to support an administration that wants to squash their gun rights.Obama and Holder need to be thrown in prison.

How do you mean? To me, it seems like this administration hasn't come remotely close to the conspiracy theorist paranoia I hear parroted about taking all our guns away. He hasn't touched gun rights because it would be politically untenable. Even if he honestly wants to, it's just not going to happen.

Thrown in prison for what? Doing a less than stellar job? A lot of politicians are guilty of that.

Comrade Zero and his policies are contributing to the deaths of US citizens and Border Patrol agents. See above links. The stellar job Obama is doing is truly amazing. I know it's all George Bush's fault keep drinking the Kool-aid.

http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0m9-XlCC8

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Comrade Zero and his policies are contributing to the deaths of US citizens and Border Patrol agents. See above links. The stellar job Obama is doing is truly amazing. I know it's all George Bush's fault keep drinking the Kool-aid.

Yakdung

Again, ineptitude isn't a crime. Politicians have to make decisions that produce winners and losers. Some handle that responsibility better than others.

Don't lump me in with "kool aid" drinkers. Don't jump down my throat like I don't believe in gun rights too. We're all on the same side on that issue (in this forum). I'm not going to play the stupid partisan game. I think they're all corporate lackeys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06fCDiu9HiA

But you didn't answer my question. What has this administration done to restrict gun rights? I'm not saying that MAYBE they wouldn't if they could - but they can't. I just wish more people would exercise a little critical thinking before they make blanket statements.

Yakdung

Again, ineptitude isn't a crime. Politicians have to make decisions that produce winners and losers. Some handle that responsibility better than others.

Don't lump me in with "kool aid" drinkers. Don't jump down my throat like I don't believe in gun rights too. We're all on the same side on that issue (in this forum). I'm not going to play the stupid partisan game. I think they're all corporate lackeys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06fCDiu9HiA

But you didn't answer my question. What has this administration done to restrict gun rights? I'm not saying that MAYBE they wouldn't if they could - but they can't. I just wish more people would exercise a little critical thinking before they make blanket statements.

Project Gun Runner is attempt to do just that. Hopefully Senator Darrell Issa can expose this to the light and into the open but Obama and Holder are stonewalling at any attempt for discovery. Senator Issa has subpoena power, so this should get interesting. Also, since the Obama adminstration has done a "stellar job" please provide us with a list of successful legislation so I can make a valued judgment election time. I believe voting for someone just because of skin color or lack of accomplishments doesn't cut it. Obama is the liar.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/june_2011/only_24_say_they_share_obama_s_political_views

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/IssaLettertoATF_031611.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Yakdung

• Like 2

I agree that Project Gunrunner was a blatant attempt to use foreign policy as a reason to limit the 2nd Amendment.

There have been countless news stories about how the majority of guns in Mexico have been traced back to the U.S. The goal was to show that the drug cartels aren't the crime problem, gun stores and gun shows are and that we need to close this "loophole".

I sure as fuck wish that I could buy "40 assault rifles" in one day.

• Like 2

Note bold words above. Sheesh.

Project Gun Runner is attempt to do just that. Hopefully Senator Darrell Issa can expose this to the light and into the open but Obama and Holder are stonewalling at any attempt for discovery. Senator Issa has subpoena power, so this should get interesting. Also, since the Obama adminstration has done a "stellar job" please provide us with a list of successful legislation so I can make a valued judgment election time. I believe voting for someone just because of skin color or lack of accomplishments doesn't cut it. Obama is the liar.

It seemed to me that that operation was intended to prevent arms smuggling by Mexican cartels, not taking guns away from law abiding U.S. citizens.

If the ATF hadn't started this operation, wouldn't weapons have still made it across the border? The cartels were smuggling guns before regardless of whether or not the ATF was watching where they were going.

If the ATF hadn't started this operation, isn't it probable that the cartels would kill U.S. citizens anyway? There doesn't seem to be a lack of carnage in that situation, ATF involvement or not.

I'm not defending the president (not impressed with the job he's doing) or this operation (I think this whole situation with Mexico could be better dealt with through other means). If there's enough money in breaking the law, and enough economically desperate people, the law will get broken.

You're jumping to a lot of conclusions and losing perspective because of partisan assumptions.

I agree that Project Gunrunner was a blatant attempt to use foreign policy as a reason to limit the 2nd Amendment.

There have been countless news stories about how the majority of guns in Mexico have been traced back to the U.S. The goal was to show that the drug cartels aren't the crime problem, gun stores and gun shows are and that we need to close this "loophole".

I sure as fuck wish that I could buy "40 assault rifles" in one day.

That may be. However, maybe the guns do cross the long and unsecure border we share with Mexico. I'm willing to bet the cartels pay well enough to induce some people here to break the rules regardless of the risk.

Blaming gun shows and gun shops for drug war violence would certainly be more politically convenient than ending the drug war and cutting off the moster's head. God forbid we have to actually make a hard choice about the real problem.

ETA - mostly I think the government wants to be seen as "doing something" about an issue of public concern.

Edited by Dudethebagman
  • Like 1

The entire story is about how the Justice Department and the ATF tried to fabricate a situation that would allow them to continue to blame the US for guns getting into Mexico. That is not political, it is a fact. I suppose any thread could be made into something political. But IMHO this is not a political subject any more than the ATF banning magazines or imports of something would be. Of course I am not a Mod and that opinion is liable to change. :)

• Like 2

The entire story is about how the Justice Department and the ATF tried to fabricate a situation that would allow them to continue to blame the US for guns getting into Mexico. That is not political, it is a fact. I suppose any thread could be made into something political. But IMHO this is not a political subject any more than the ATF banning magazines or imports of something would be. Of course I am not a Mod and that opinion is liable to change. :)

Well, okay. It is inherently political because it's about the government and has policy implications, but it's at least relevant. However, there is a tendency for these things to get irrelevantly political in a hurry.

Edited by Dudethebagman
  • Like 1

Sorry for the oversight. The BATFE has hung gun store owners like Bill Carter out to dry. Mr. Carter did what was asked of him and now has to hire high dollar defense to protect his ass. When we have an administration that has no regard for the law, I'm making no assumptions and I'm not drawing any conclusions. The BATFE has unbridled power and can ruin lives. Just ask Ryan Horsley of Red's

I believe BATFE actions are covert attempts to blame honest citizens for failed policy. There is more to Project Gunrunner than meets the eye. Hopefully Senator Issa can catch these actors under oath.

http://www.nationalr...michelle-malkin

Be safe and purchase more guns and ammo it will help the economy.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

Sorry for the oversight. The BATFE has hung gun store owners like Bill Carter out to dry. Mr. Carter did what was asked of him and now has to hire high dollar defense to protect his ass. When we have an administration that has no regard for the law, I'm making no assumptions and I'm not drawing any conclusions. The BATFE has unbridled power and can ruin lives. Just ask Ryan Horsley of Red's

I believe BATFE actions are covert attempts to blame honest citizens for failed policy. There is more to Project Gunrunner than meets the eye. Hopefully Senator Issa can catch these actors under oath.

Yakdung

Fair enough.

The BATFE has unbridled power and can ruin lives.

That they can.

Dude, you never gave a list of all the great things BO has done.

I will give a partial list of some of the real bad ideas that have swirled around his administration. Shall I make a list, or group it by subject?

Lazy= list:

-Emergency internet shutdown. Never got passed but seriously! Why would they want that power? Hmmm I dunno, ask yemen and egyppt and libya!

-socialized medicine. Awesome! Wife is gonna be a doc so I am lookin fwd to this

-spill in gulf. "No everyone, we don't need your help, we will milk this for all its worth then blame everything on energy cos"

-elana kagan and the "wise rascist" glad noones a bigot in the democratic party! This will bone us for the next 25 years.

-speaking of bigots, let's talk about clinging to guns and religion, I mean come on!

-addressing religion, let's not forget his version of religion, aids created to keep the colored man down thanks reverend "right"

-More religion, hey israel, give back all that land that you took from the jihadis

-finance, american recovery and reinvestment act, great one! Shovel ready ya, no, ya , no ya no.

- bailout people who helped burst the housing bubble, check!

Good:

Got obl.

Golfs a lot so he is not in his office F'ing us even more

What did I miss?

I agree that the drug war has created more real crime (i.e. murder, theft, battery, assault, prostitution, etc.) in this country than anything except... gasp..... prohibition.

It's weird that law enforcement and street gangs both would lose funding if drugs were legalized.

• Like 1

It's not how they are going to "take your guns

today." It's how they can get you to turn them

in tomorrow.....

The "God and guns" speech..(kinda tells the

sheepole how kooky gun owner ship is.)

mandatory micro stamping....on fireing pins and

ammo.( adds to the cost of manufacturing and

gun owner ship.)

Going from lead to copper bullits ( again adds

cost for manufactring and owner ship.

And my fave....the atf "study" .....No importing of

firearms.....

I'm sure their are more.....But no......they arnt

"going for the guns" that would be " political

death!"

All this talk is maken me thirsty and hungry...

I think I'll have a big glass of Obomanaid and

some "nutter"butter cookies....while I fig out

how this " small arms treaty" thingy is going

to efect the USA.

• Like 1

The tail wags the fucking dog:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/14/mexico.guns/

Date June 14, 2011 (these stories have been coming out every month for the past 4 years). Don't tell me this shit wasn't politically motivated to frame us, the law abiding citizens of the United States, as the bad guys in the drug war!

I don't sell my guns to drug dealers, my government does!

• Like 3

nutter...lol J/K

I was waching opb last night and the little

info banner at the bottom was saying 70%

of guns in meheco are from USA......

Sooooooo should we close the border or

stop US gun ownership?

Edited by FORKLIFT352

nutter...lol J/K

stop US gun ownership?

70% of the guns Mexico asks BATFE to trace come from America. They only submit numbers they are pretty sure came from the USA, and 30% percent of them did NOT come from here! More interesting would be the % of the guns traced to the USA were part of Project gun runner?

nutter...lol J/K

stop US gun ownership?

70% of the guns Mexico asks BATFE to trace come from America. They only submit numbers they are pretty sure came from the USA, and 30% percent of them did NOT come from here! More interesting would be the % of the guns traced to the USA were part of Project gun runner?

Live on CSPAN

http://cspan.org/Events/Fast-and-Furious-a-Catastrophic-Disaster/10737422274-2/

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Hopefully, but knowing the left they will claim "oh how easy it is to buy a firearm and it wasn't obama's fault, if anything we need more gun laws". Issa really delivered some bitchslaps today though. I seriously hope obama goes down with holder.

I really hope so as well. Remember Holder is skilled in this arena with Waco and Janet Reno. It seems like the more this Attorney is in the US Government as an employee, the countless amounts of money we spend holding hearings and investigations. I believe we spent somewhere in the neighborhood of fourteen months and seventeen million investigating Reno and Holder's participation in the Waco debacle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html

Yakdung