So I got my DPMS LR-308 all setup now they way I want it.. :super: Desert Camo.. Nikon scoped.. decent MBUS system..

post-8775-0-85617600-1307638886_thumb.jpg

I was browsing a decent company/mfg and tripped over a DPMS 5.56 Oracle with A3 flat-top NEW for $569.. :super:

Here is the dealer pic.. (looks alot like my 308).. (minus the paint... yet)

post-8775-0-18802300-1307638711_thumb.jpg

Can't wait for it to get here..

Gonna PIN the butt-stock and FHider/brake for when I go into NJ to shoot.. found some $9 10 round mags also.. :super:

Probably grab a UTG Quad and get MagPul MBus and call her done.. :super: (I have an AR Hogue pistol grip here already)

Overall STOKED .. :killer:

Found plinking ammo for $99 for 500 rounds.. :killer: which the AR guys said is fine in the DPMS's..

Al

• Like 1

Well I splurged (and got lucky).. got front & rear NIB MagPul MBUS's for it for $70 and $9.98 shipping. (normally a set is $85 - 95 before shipping).. from Amazon and DSGArms (whom I've bought from before)..

Also got the Quad for just $39.99 from Amazon with FREE shipping.. (this model had a +88 reviews for the AR15 REAL Rifle usage)..

So for $120 total... I got the rifle to be looking and functioning almost IDENTICAL to the bigger DPMS 308..

and I did order the 500 rounds of 55gr Wolf MC from Copes also.. before they sell thru it.. :super:

(was $2 less then Aim for the same ammo)..

Al

Very nice. Im currently looking for an AR. Especially at the LWRC A2 or A3. The A3 has a gas regulator for different positions -(O-Off, S-Suppressed, N-Normal, A-Adverse), and an 18in barrel.

I know there's a big price difference but I think in this case its better to buy once then buy and sell till I find what I like

they just shipped it via UPS..

FWIW.. I bought it from Surplus Ammo & Arms.. (the folks whom makes the AR lowers).. :super:

think I got the last one.. as they don't show them at all now..

I figured the 223/5.56 is currently about 0.15-.22 / per round cheaper than my 308 (cheap) ammo..

Its like $175 for 500 of the 308.. and only $99 for 500 of the 223..

and I can always buy a 22LR kit for the 556/223 lower..

Al

Just ordered the Bushnell Trophy P model Red Dot with the T recticle on sale for $135 for it.. :super:

post-8775-0-82137600-1307750269_thumb.jpg

got ALOT of + reviews on ALOT of different sites..

that should about wrap it up for 'dressing' it up...

$570 + $120 + $135 = $825 total & WIN..

added 2 more Cprod mags for $20 also.. :killer:

Pics coming on Friday..

Al

Edited by YWHIC

Enjoy those expensive American ammo prices

what ?? :unsure:

nope.. I confirmed with a few guys that the DPMS 5.56's will run the same 'cheap' Russian Wolf we all know and love.. :super:

I ordered a case of Wolf MC 55gr FMJ, 500 rounds from Copes for $104.99 and $10 shipping.. and then I grabbed 8 boxes of expensive Federal AE from Cabelas on sale for $5.99/box on sale from $9.99/box.. :super:

that way I can break in properly with 100 rounds of BRASS .. then slap the bia*th with the Russian hammer.. :lolol:

Al

My higher end Stag recommends not using steel cased ammo (i.e. Russian surplus, wolf,etc...) due to it not expanding to seat properly in the chamber is how I understood it. How is it different for your lower end Oracle?

If I can get a plinker that runs steel crap for less than $600 im all for it.

@menace... see this post..

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=67965&view=getnewpost

I started with the Federal 223 FMJ just fine.. then with the Wolf Mil-Classic 223 it all went to sh*t...

I have ordered some (400 rounds) of the PMC XTac 5.56 XP193 (same as XM193) ammo for $6.19/box..

anyway check out the above link for the updates..

I did shoot more Federal today just fine.. sold the unused portion of the Wolf yesterday..

Al

Yeah, I was gonna say, it'll run steel just fine. The only problem you'll ever have with steel is carbon-blowback, the steel doesn't expand enough, little carbon shoots back, and then when you try and run brass that DOES expand, it may stick to the carbon.

I didn't make that up, I read that on boxotruth.

In reality, I haven't ever had that happen with my AR or my FNC. I almost strictly run American 223 or 5.56 though, wolf .223 has to be some of the most inconsistent ammo ever, I swear to god 2 weeks ago every other round FTF in my FNC, and it was stiking the primer just fine. Dud primers. I usually shoot AE223 or xm193 or green tip. The AE223 I can get locally for like 165 per 500 round case.

It's not bad, I usually only shoot a hundred or so rounds at a time.

Both the colt and the FNC will eat up steel case though, as long as it's reliable. Last batch of wolf must of been shitty, I've had it run no problem in the past.

Usually I through the chamber brush on a power drill post range. Probably overkill but, it's faster lol, like 10 seconds and done.