Could someone make 15 round 5.45 Mags

Well I have a predicament on my hands and that is I am unable to use 30 rounders and do not want to buy a Saiga 5.45 10 rounder. Which is over priced anyways. If I could, but I cannot I would order 30's and cut them down or pin them at 15 rounds, but in NJ you cannot even have a 30 in your possession. So what I'm asking is, is there anyone on here that has done magazine mod and could help me out or already has some 15's around and are willing to sell them. Many Thanks, Travis

with the time involved in doing so, it may be cheaper to just fork out the cash for the 10 rounders. never done it before, but never wanted to try it either. it'd prolly be easier to to do this surgery keeping the top half of the magazine and reconstructing the bottom portion for the floorplate.

or you could take a 10 rounder and disassemble it, and try to modify the follower to squeeze in a few rounds. dont know if this is legal or not though as ive never done it. good luck man.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have a predicament on my hands and that is I am unable to use 30 rounders and do not want to buy a Saiga 5.45 10 rounder. Which is over priced anyways. If I could, but I cannot I would order 30's and cut them down or pin them at 15 rounds, but in NJ you cannot even have a 30 in your possession. So what I'm asking is, is there anyone on here that has done magazine mod and could help me out or already has some 15's around and are willing to sell them. Many Thanks, Travis

Is it legal to have a "rebuild kit" shipped to you, and pin it yourself before assembly? Copes Distributing charges $1 to disassemble a mag and turn it into a rebuild kit.

I modified my factory 10 rounder to hold 15. There is a 30 round magazine spring in the 10 round mag. Cut it down by 1/3 of the # of coils. Then chop the pointy thing on the floorplate. Then start whittling away on the bottom of the follower. Be careful not to trim too much, as my follower tilts on the last 2 rounds, but feeds fine. I can take photos if you like.

I modified my factory 10 rounder to hold 15. There is a 30 round magazine spring in the 10 round mag. Cut it down by 1/3 of the # of coils. Then chop the pointy thing on the floorplate. Then start whittling away on the bottom of the follower. Be careful not to trim too much, as my follower tilts on the last 2 rounds, but feeds fine. I can take photos if you like.

+1

From what I've been reading on the AR15 forums about magazine rebuild kits doesn't look good to me for good ole Jersey people.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14932533

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=360176

It just seems a little too grey for my taste.

So I guess I may try the Mag Mod or just have some mags mailed to a family member outta state and then convert them outta state.

Ugh NJ!

LOLnewjersey.

A mag change takes as long as it does to acquire a new target. Limiting magazine capacity does NOTHING to stop people from shooting people, only inhibiting other people to fire back with the appropriate amount of firepower.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a 20rd mag one time by cutting down a 30rd mag and carving a wooden plug for the base that was held in by screws. I even painted it black and you wouldn't know it wasn't made that way and it worked perfectly. I suppose you could do that with a 5.45 mag as well.

I just wonder if by you doing the work yourself, would your anti-firearm State except it?

I would do it myself, but we're not allowed to have the high occupancy mags in our possession... at all, not even for a little or mailed here either. I basically need to go on vacation and have em mailed to another state and do the work or have some one outta state do it for me. It really sucks