Saftey Selector Stop

So I got my gun back from being converted and it doesnt have the selector stop on it.

Rather disappointed does anyone sell these for a quick fix?

I've tried searching and havent found much.

How is your Trigger guard mounted?

Screws, welds, or rivets?

I hear some simply make a slight indentation in the receiver where it should stop (easier said than done) drill & put a tiny allen cap screw at the lowest possible point of the receiver to make a safety stop.

Cardinal sin! Never put anything that belongs on an Ar on an AK! Neverrrr!!!!

I have the JT Engineering bolt on trigger guard for the AR pistolgrips.

It was just the trigger guard that the shop I went through used. It doesnt have the saftey stop on it. but its just bolted on.

Cardinal sin! Never put anything that belongs on an Ar on an AK! Neverrrr!!!!

I have the JT Engineering bolt on trigger guard for the AR pistolgrips.

It was just the trigger guard that the shop I went through used. It doesnt have the saftey stop on it. but its just bolted on.

AK.jpg

• Like 1

This doesn't surprise me. Many preach that the DIY'er can't do anything right and I see supposed pros fucking all kind of shit up. I would hazard a guess that you are pissed because you actually paid someone to have so little attention to detail on your firearm. I've been there. It will pass. I do all of my own work now, period.

More so disappointed in myself for not researching more and making sure everything came out how it needed to be.

I'll probably get a diffrent trigger guard with a selecter stop on it and use this one for another saiga down the line that I convert myself and use the original selector stop or drill a dimple for a stop.

If you need a factory stop and a rivet, I have a set around here somewhere and I can talk you through it. Contrary to what many here might like to think, this stuff is not rocket science. Let me know if you need it.

post-22401-0-92356200-1308534570_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-75544400-1308534590_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz

AK-Builder has great trigger guard kits and selector stops for the S-12. You can either bolt them on or rivet.

The trigger guard in the above post was a standard AK Builder trigger guard. The stop was made from a flat piece of Cadillac frame :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong jack but,

The reason why the JT trigger guard that uses the AR grip dosent have a safety stop is because it is to be used in conjunction with the JT magwell where the safety hits

The top lip of the magwell.

The other trigger guard that is similiar but uses the AK grip, comes with an extra plate that mounts in between the guard and receiver and extends to make a stop.

However you won't be able to do that with the AR one as the trigger guard is miled flush so it mounts flush with the receiver.

You would have to mill off the top of the front of the trigger guard to get the gap for the safety stop plate to fit.

I have both of these setups btw

Chaseface or Pauly probably have the best ideas in your case,or buy the AK grip style trigger guard.

Kind of a bummer thats what you got from someone who converts them.

Edited by snafu360