Best Tactical three point or two point sling for the Saiga 12, looking

Gentlemen, I'm looking for opinions on what you would deem to be the most efficient, comfortable and easiest to use three or two point tactical sling for the S12.

I'll be using my S12 and 3" Magnum 600 Grain 1,500 FPS Black Magic Slugs to hunt grizzly bears and need a sling that can function accordingly for quick draw situations.

Any ideas?

:super:

Gentlemen, I'm looking for opinions on what you would deem to be the most efficient, comfortable and easiest to use three or two point tactical sling for the S12.

I'll be using my S12 and 3" Magnum 600 Grain 1,500 FPS Black Magic Slugs to hunt grizzly bears and need a sling that can function accordingly for quick draw situations.

Any ideas?

Quick draw? It sounds like they will be hunting you. I use my S12 and the same slugs for bear defense but if I were hunting them I would want a longer range weapon with better accuracy. I can't recommend a sling but I do recommend having a partner that runs slower than you. :D

Any ideas?

The Viking Tactics VTAC sling is a great 2 point sling that you can adjust quickly just by pulling a tab. Cheaper than Dirt has their own version which is cheaper if your interested. Both are great slings.

Edited by incognito485

Any ideas?

Quick draw? It sounds like they will be hunting you. I use my S12 and the same slugs for bear defense but if I were hunting them I would want a longer range weapon with better accuracy. I can't recommend a sling but I do recommend having a partner that runs slower than you. :D

Hah!

Well, I guess I should clarify, This isn't just for hunting, but for hiking deep in the woods near the Canadian border in grizzly country, I figure I mine as well have it at the ready just in case.

Any ideas?

Hah!

Well, I guess I should clarify, This isn't just for hunting, but for hiking deep in the woods near the Canadian border in grizzly country, I figure I mine as well have it at the ready just in case.

OK, I thought it might be something like that. I just read today that there are confirmed sightings of grizzly in Washington state in the northern Cascades where nobody was really sure if they still existed here.One was actually photographed by an unarmed hiker recently and he had no trouble with it.

The Magpul ms2 sling converts from a two point to a single in a second. I use on on all my rifles/shotguns. I also tried the Vtac slings however you are stuck in 2 point mode which is easily adjustable, but you have a line dangling. The ms2 gives you the same 2 point sling as the vtac with a loop to adjust instead of a 2 foot line hanging off that you grab and pull. For fighting i prefer a single point. Shoulder transitions, and getting into different positions are easier with a single. Patrolling, standing around for long periods, or going hands on i prefer a 2 point. I think the ms2 is the best of both worlds. The videos below explains them both..try not to pay too much attention to the goober in the green that can't stop flexing in the magpul video

Vtac sling

The Magpul ms2 sling converts from a two point to a single in a second. I use on on all my rifles/shotguns. I also tried the Vtac slings however you are stuck in 2 point mode which is easily adjustable, but you have a line dangling. The ms2 gives you the same 2 point sling as the vtac with a loop to adjust instead of a 2 foot line hanging off that you grab and pull. For fighting i prefer a single point. Shoulder transitions, and getting into different positions are easier with a single. Patrolling, standing around for long periods, or going hands on i prefer a 2 point. I think the ms2 is the best of both worlds. The videos below explains them both..try not to pay too much attention to the goober in the green that can't stop flexing in the magpul video

Vtac sling

Yeah that sucks, the one I got from CTD doesn't have that extra line, thats ridiculous. I gave you the wrong sling info, it is actually the Vickers Combat Sling (Blue Force) I was referring to. The one from CTD is the same concept as that. I've used both, but the Vickers is a better quality.

Any ideas?

I use a spec-ops mamba sling if I am running a 2 or 3 point sling. I looped it around the barrel as an attachment point in the front. A vertical or angled foregrip is a must IMHO.

Personally I prefer to one point sling my saiga or mossberg when I was hiking around large coastal brown bears back home.

Good choice on the BMM slugs, I have about 100 or them stock piled, great show stoppers.

Any ideas?

I built my own 3 point sling using components I bought from here http://www.strapworks.com/ just watched a few youtube vids on slings I liked and coppied with my own components. made it to fit my how shall I say oversized torso.

+1 to the Magpul sling. I've used one, two, and three point slings from Blue Force, Tactical Tailor, Blackhawk and a few others I cannot think of at the moment. I like the versatility the Magpul has to offer.

another +1 on the Magpul MS2 sling.

quite handy transitioning from 2-point to single point in a jiffy. the fastening points for me are great. very easy to put in and take off but secure nonetheless. plus the length is easily adjustable with the pull tab near one end of the sling. so far it seems sturdy and well built too. now if i could just find (locally) a black colored ms2 sling instead of this dark earth one i have on my saiga, would be better.