How sturdy is the RAM TG Pistol Grip mount?

It's good to go. If you are installing a pistol grip that uses the small screw or if your using a grip nut it will work great. If you install a Molot grip like a did on a DIY it can be a pain. There is a lock nut that you have to place in a metal square, that does not want to cooperate. It has a tendancy to want to go up and down and will fall out making it tough to secure with a grip screw. I stripped one of the nuts trying because I hit it at the wrong angle. I ended up finding the same M6 nut, but a little bigger, and ground it down to fit in that metal holder snugly. Then after filing the screw down it fits pretty damn snug. But you won't have that problem with a Saw grip or something similar. I make things hard.

But yes, I really like the trigger guard. It bolts up secure and has a good safety stop.

Edited by incognito485

Very sturdy. I cut the back half off, that the square nut seats in and cut a hole in the receiver for a standard pistol grip nut. MD Arms Molot grip plus the ram guard = happiness for ease of install and price.

I'd link a picture from my gallery page but its not working :rolleyes:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-468/SAIAG-12-RAM-STG/Detail

Edited by Mullet Man

Very sturdy. I cut the back half off, that the square nut seats in and cut a hole in the receiver for a standard pistol grip nut. MD Arms Molot grip plus the ram guard = happiness for ease of install and price.

I'd link a picture from my gallery page but its not working :rolleyes:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-468/SAIAG-12-RAM-STG/Detail

+1 Go ahead and cut the hole in the receiver.

I dont really have anything to cut the receiver and dont really feel up to that. I've seen posts of people talking about doing that with this trigger guard thats why I was wondering how study it was with the pistol grip or if I should get a diffrent trigger guard.

I should reiterate. I didnt cut a hole in the receiver. I drilled thru the hole that the grip screw would go into the square nut on the guard, while it was mounted on the receiver. Then i cut that section off the trigger guard and used a couple files to open the up hole in the receiver, until i could fit a standard AK grip nut into it.

But if you dont go that route, i second being careful to line up the grip screw correctly. I didnt my first go round and stripped a Tapco screw. Some scotch tape, or strong adhesive, works good to hold the square nut in the trigger guard for installation. Its a pain in the ass without it.

Edited by Mullet Man

I have one on my S12, it works pretty good with the SAW grip that Tapco makes, you'll need to drill an oval shaped hole to install a more traditional style pistol grip if you want to use the issued nut. I expanded the hole on mine to make screwing in the grip screw a lil easier on my AK style pistol grip, after that I shift the grip screw a lil bit and it goes right into the receiver as I tighten the grip screw.

It's pretty strong, I didn't like the length of the screws that came with it so I bought some exact copies of the screws from the hardware store that were longer plus some hex nuts and tightened it all down with some red locktite, it ain't coming off. About 100 rounds later, still rockin and rollin.

(Fair warning, I'm a picky guy, so your preferences may determine you like the stock screws or may not. Different strokes for different folks.)

Saiga12v11.jpg