Slugs through a full choke

I know this has been gone over before but that was many boxes of shells ago for some of us. Is it OK to shoot slugs through a 22' full choked barrel? The ones I have are 1 oz. Winchester rifled hollow points and they are hollow based. I'm sure they will squeeze through but will they leave a lot of lead fouling on the inside of the choked part of the bbl?

Simple answer...

As long as they are the "FOSTER" style slugs, (read as INVERTED, HOLLOW LEAD "CUPS") you are FINE!!!!!

The lead will compress and squeeze through... they are DESIGNED to do that... NO WORRIES...

brands of foster style slugs are Remington Slugger, Winchester Super X, etc..etc...

Shoot and enjoy, no lead build up!!!!

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms

AH!!!!!

Okies... yeah, I can understand how that would cause some nervous twitching... I always get like that a couple days before a "parcel" is expected to arrive at my FFL holders place....

THEN the WAIT for the phone call saying "come get it" is even WORSE!!!!

Simple answer...

As long as they are the "FOSTER" style slugs, (read as INVERTED, HOLLOW LEAD "CUPS") you are FINE!!!!!

The lead will compress and squeeze through... they are DESIGNED to do that... NO WORRIES...

brands of foster style slugs are Remington Slugger, Winchester Super X, etc..etc...

Shoot and enjoy, no lead build up!!!!

What about the famous Barnaul slugs?

Cool man thanks I will be blasting some water jugs tomorrow then! I just did another S-12 conversion today and wanted to try some slugs to check the accuracy.

One thing a full choke will do is degrade accuracy. I haven't shot for groups and done the comparison, but others have reported it opens the groups up.

Sorry I don't know the amount.

If you don't mind, and if you have other shotty's maybe you could benchrest both.

Oops, I forgot you were talking water jugs. Comparison would require paper.

Oh well, at least you'll know if you are within a minute of Jug

Heh, then Indy's avatar lady would know if she's in danger or not ....

What about the famous Barnaul slugs?
And how about the Sellor & Belloit?

Well, to BOTH of you....

Having NEVER taken one apart, or seen the actual SLUG out of the casing... I have no flippin idea...

take one out... look at it.. and if it looks like a remington slugger, or a winchester super X... then YES!!! by all means shoot them, as they are "foster style" slugs...

If they are not... well then... make up your own minds, take your OWN chances.

Sorry cant help you out any more than that....