BHO? Do you have it?

Yes, and no. I re-installed BHO on my S-12 conversion as it's easier to get mags in with bolt open. I left both 5,45 conversions out as it doesn't seem very AK like, and I'm used to AKs being that way. Maybe if it was auto BHO on last shot I'd feel differently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so, after converting the rifle, do you need to modify the hammer in order to get the BHO back in?

am confused.

if so, I wont be putting it back in. Id rather cut a portion of the safety lever to hold the bolt. Or, just use a chamber flag.

The width of the hammer is reduced on the right side to accommodate the thickness of the BHO (see #1 in pic from CSS).

trxtrgword.jpg

I have a washer to make up for the width difference on the ones I didn't put the BHO back in.

Edited by NM0
  • 2 weeks later...

Like others have mentioned, not originally on an AK, rubs my trigger finger, and is too much effort for the feature. Although they are not THAT hard to put back in, I just don't see the point. So, no, none of mine have it installed.