Why does the magazine choice have to be such an issue?!!

I've got 2 converted Saiga .223's. I bought a couple of the Surefire 30rd mags to try, and they seem to work great. But everyone disses them because they aren't "mil spec". OK, I can understand that, and even tho I don't think we're going to war tomorrow, I thought maybe I'd get some of the "mil spec" type to try. Bad thing is, it's hard to make the choice. Some people swear by the Orlite mags, some didn't have good luck with them. Same with the E. German Weigers, same with the Circle 10's, and so on. Just when I think I can see more favorable posts for one, someone else has had better luck with another. It looks like right now, I can get the Orlites, the Weigers, and the IMI steel Galil's(not sure of these), but haven't really searched for the Circle 10's yet. I'm going to order something this week, but it's hard to make a definitive choice given all of the variables of fit for each rifle. It shouldn't have to be this hard. Greg

Circle 10's are awesome. I have a Bulgarian SLR, so they fit perfect. I guess it is just a matter of figuring out what works in your gun. I have been considering getting the MSA AR mag adapter just because of the greater number of magazines to choose from and AR mags are for the most part much cheaper than AK .223 mags.

Circle 10's are awesome. I have a Bulgarian SLR, so they fit perfect. I guess it is just a matter of figuring out what works in your gun. I have been considering getting the MSA AR mag adapter just because of the greater number of magazines to choose from and AR mags are for the most part much cheaper than AK .223 mags.

Your gun accepts the Circle 10s and you want to go to an AR adapter?!? There are some thing worth spending money on, and quality mags are one of them.

I was looking at some MagPul 30 rounders yesterday. They're supposedly the cream of the crop of AR mags. They're pretty flimsy compared to Circle 10s...

Your gun accepts the Circle 10s and you want to go to an AR adapter?!? There are some thing worth spending money on, and quality mags are one of them.

I was looking at some MagPul 30 rounders yesterday. They're supposedly the cream of the crop of AR mags. They're pretty flimsy compared to Circle 10s...

I know, AR mags aren't all that beefy compared to the circle 10's. I just like having a lot of mags, and the cost of circle 10's adds up ( I already have 5). They are awesome mags and they function well in my gun. I will definitely have to test out a gun with the adapter before I decide to buy one.

Having 2 AR's, it would be nice to go with the AR15 adapter, but I just really don't to modify the rifle any more. So if I had a choice between Orlites or Weigers, which mag seems to be the top choice? I sometimes leave a mag loaded, so that would suggest the Weiger's, no? As far as Orlites, would it be better to buy new over used? Thanks. Greg

Having 2 AR's, it would be nice to go with the AR15 adapter, but I just really don't to modify the rifle any more. So if I had a choice between Orlites or Weigers, which mag seems to be the top choice? I sometimes leave a mag loaded, so that would suggest the Weiger's, no? As far as Orlites, would it be better to buy new over used? Thanks. Greg

Weigers are much better mags than Orlites.

One thing that cinched it for me was that you can get Weigers to lock up tight, but Orlites will always have wobble.

Josey: I agree, my Surefires work great. But...everyone HAS to have a SHTF rifle that use's "mil spec mags"! (LOL, my apologies everyone, just couldn't resist) I just got 3 new Weiger mags today in the mail, and I have to admit.........NICE mags!! OK, I see why everyone likes them. So, I've got 2 Saiga's, one 16" and one 20". I'll dedicate one to the Surefires, and one to the Weiger's. On the one with the Weiger's, I'll have to put a bullet guide, but I guess that won't really be a problem. I looked at Jim Digriz's post on fitting the Weiger's, doesn't look like it will take much. That and a bullet guide and I'm done. Anyway, nice call on the Weiger's, guess I might order a couple more while I'm at it (and while they're available). Greg