Great Saiga Deals

Same with classic arms, though neither is a forum sponsor so hush hush.

Slicks Guns is a deals aggregate. These deals are at Classic Arms. It's just that, it can be really hard to find something on Classic Arms' awful web site. From what I remember of forum rules, you are allowed to mention deals from non-sponsoring vendors; you just can't post links.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I saw this deal earlier and I think i will buy one next week. How hard would it be to put wooden furniture on it? Would I be able to use any stock made for an AK? And one last question, where can I get one for a good deal? Most of the stocks I have found are around $100.

You'd have to move the trigger group forward, and any stock that fits a stamped receiver will work. Cheap surplus ones can be found on centerfiresystems online, but don't expect them to show up pristine. US stock sets are expensive but worth it. If you replace the hand guard you're going to also need to buy a hand guard retainer. Just keep 922r in mind. Here's a link on dinzang's site about it. http://www.dinzagarms.com/922r/922r.html

It's a great price for these at the moment, so you could always buy one now and convert it when you feel the need or have the money.

I was looking at the third one down on this page. http://www.classicarms.us/semi-auto%20rifles.htm It looks like it is already converted to me.

Yeah... It's converted, but if the one I saw is typical (and I suspect it is) it's very much an el-cheapo conversion with little attention to detail: gaps in furniture fit, sloppy welds, no bolt-hold-open lever. Also, the smith who showed me the rifle was dubious about the welds on the bullet guide holding over the longer term. I'm not qualified to judge the technical merits of the welds, but it definitely looked sloppy.

It may be perfectly adequate if you don't care so much about the details.

• Like 1

Ordered one as well, Figured I spend the extra money and get the one that was already 922r converted. Hopefully the craftsmanship is not that bad. But $419 doesn't seem like an awful price.

It was either over at XDtalk or THR, one of the guys got one a month or so back.

He was pleased with it, decent basic conversion.