Tula .308 black box what's your opinion?

Hey guys, got a buddy who wants to sell me some Tula 308. I'm not looking for match ammo or anything, just something that goes bang and cycles the s308 well. Googled it and people seem to either love it or hate it...

My buddy said he would give me a box to see if it runs right but it will be a while before I make it to the range and I know he has told others about it. Just wondering what your experience has been before I buy some of it.

If it's the same as Wolf black box 308, which I think it is (150 FMJ, polymer coating, 2800 FPS) that ran about 2 1/2-3 MOA out of my Saiga.

Plenty good for blasting purposes, IMO. As a FMJ, it's not match or hunting ammo, though.

Edited by Dudethebagman

I was wondering the same thing. Cheaper that dirt has it pretty cheap: http://www.cheaperth.../AMM7340-1.html

Seems like it'd be wrong for a Russian rifle not to like Russian ammo. I have a S308 with wood that's pretty new to me. I have only put some Wally World ammo in it.

Feed it Tula, it will thank you for it :killer:

My 2 cents would be like others said cheap ammo steel cased or brass the gun will cycle . I haven't had my 308 very long but I have run a bunch of stuff through her. Silver bear,brown bear,different milsurp some good quality some not so good . It all comes down to what kind of accuracy you want . So like the old saying goes you get what u pay for get cheap stuff for plinking ,good milsurp for zombies and shtf and some good hunting hollow points for critters.

I had recently found some milsurp at the gun show (haven't shot yet) they where shiny a little nicked up like they may have been linked headstamp is H0 762 and H1 762 thought it was hirtenburger but after some searching some people say its Singapore and pretty good does anybody have any knowledge to this ammo I don't wanna run any dirty corrosive stuff through her?

I am not sure on this one.

On the subject of corrosive ammo in x51 caliber you are not likely at all to run into anything but some slightly corrosive primers.

Doubt anything newer than 1980s would even have those.

Don't worry about that though, anyone capable of converting a Saiga can clean one properly.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm

"

*Note 1- Headstamps often contain multiple pieces of information. The maker is almost always identified. Military ammunition usually includes date information, and civilian ammunition often has caliber information. Sometimes dates are fairly obvious (44 = 1944; 72 = 1972; 6 12 = June 1912, etc.). Sometimes the caliber information is either spelled out or abbreviated (30-06; 38 SPL, etc.) and other times, such as on German made DWM ammunition, a catalog number code is used for the caliber. Sometimes information on the headstamp indicates the type of load (VII Z on .303 British indicates Mark VII ball ammunition loaded with nitrocellulose powder.) Sometimes markings are deliberately deceiving, as with some .30 carbine ammunition ammunition marked LC 52, made by the Chinese, or .30-06 marked B N 4 40 made in the U.S., both probably intended to arm allies while hiding their source of supplies. Sometimes the headstamp only indicates the maker of the cartridge case, or distributor of the loaded cartridge, or the using activity, not the actual "manufacturer" of a loaded cartridge."

Well in that case I would proceed assuming it has at least corrosive primers and clean accordingly.

Heh if it were me it would turn out to be the perfect ammo from my Saiga and not be able to ever find any more :unsure:

Edited by Rhodes1968