Your thoughts on best stock options

Hello! I am new to these fourms but not to firearms. Please help with this easy question, I would love to hear opinions! What has worked for you?

I am new to these fourms and have made up my mind about what pistol grip set up I am going to use.

Which stock set ups are the best for a sturdy stock that can take as much beating as the AK?

I was thinking about a folding stock and eventually adding an optic to the left side.

Will the right hand folding stock interfear with the operation of the bolt? Will certain stocks not interfear?

Thank you for responses in advance.

From what I have experience with....the K-VAR AK polymer buttstock and the VLTOR tube and IMOD stock are rock solid. Either will take all the abuse you can handle.

I'm now running the ACE skeleton stock, and I like it, especially with the rubber butt pad. But, I also have their folding mechanism (non-push button) and it has up and down movement. In other words, it's crap. I emailed ACE about this with no response, therefore, I will not be buying any more ACE Products.

:unsure: Thanks, I was worried about which folding stock mechanism to purchase.

I like the AK100 folding mechanism better than the ACE sytle. The only real advantage to the ACE for me is that with the stock folded to the left I the stock does not interfere with me shooting left handed whatsoever. On the AK100, the stock partially obstructions the area where my hand goes for the trigger.

I'm really partial to collapsible stocks, and have them on both my S12 and S762.

VLTOR tube and Emod, and, CAA with MagPul MOE.

Both tubes are rock solid.

With several AR/AK folding tube options to be had, you could have the best of both.

One last question. Not the stock and not the rear tang/block adapter.. but which is the best actual piece that folds. I have only found one by ACE.

http://www.mississip...rder-p-909.html

http://store.carolin...ing-AR15/Detail

This ^^^, a internal block and any tube/stock combo, and your ready to go.

Block-folder-tube

Rather than

Block-folder-pigtail-tube

Edited by ChileRelleno

pix050222267.jpg

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=252709187

cheap, easy, war tested folding stock!!!

I actually have one of these on hand and am going to try this out. :super:

One word.... PAIN!!!! I'm a pretty tough old bird, but the Romy stock was too much for me. It is cheap and easy to install, but the AK100 folders are well worth the effort and expense, to me at least.

pix050222267.jpg

One word.... PAIN!!!! I'm a pretty tough old bird, but the Romy stock was too much for me. It is cheap and easy to install, but the AK100 folders are well worth the effort and expense, to me at least.

Save that thing for a braked 5.45, not a hard recoiling shottie.