Top rail issue

I want of these but I read there is an issue with the rail being out of spec. I also read the next shipment will correct this. However, I can't verify that from a reliable source. So with that said can someone point to a reliable source to verify the rail will be solved in the next shipment of weapons? Do those that have these already consider the rail issue that bad? What risers are you using to get around the integrated rail problem?

I guess this boils down to should I wait for the 1 in the bush or get it now?

Thanks

"The rail is being changed to Nato milspec on future shipments. They were going to ship the 2nd batch with non-mil rails and Clyde Woods at RAA said no. "Fix it now, we'll wait." The 2nd batch will have the Nato rail, so now would be a good time to chill on that one."

That is straight from Tony Rumore of Tromix in the SBS 1919 thread.

RAAC did not import ANY out of spec rails. Current imports follow the spec we know in the USA, and were not resumed until the issue was remedied.

There are no imports out of spec, as far as the rail goes.

Before imports were given the go-ahead from the buyer, this error was fixed. ZERO guns went into the public stream with the mid-eastern spec rails, that we do not use here. NONE.

Yes, there was an issue, but it was fixed way early on at the source.

• Like 1

then why do so many people have problems mounting scopes on them, Mines out of spec the scope wont mount level because the rail is too thick and ive tried all types of scopes. Plus if was fixed so early why are there so many of them out there without of spec rails?

Edited by crafty101

RAAC did not import ANY out of spec rails. Current imports follow the spec we know in the USA, and were not resumed until the issue was remedied.

There are no imports out of spec, as far as the rail goes.

Before imports were given the go-ahead from the buyer, this error was fixed. ZERO guns went into the public stream with the mid-eastern spec rails, that we do not use here. NONE.

Yes, there was an issue, but it was fixed way early on at the source.

Bullshit. I have an out of spec rail. I had to modify several risers to get the fit and height I wanted for my DeltaPoint.

Where do you get this and how dare you spread this pantload without proof.

BTW I have spokent to Clyde and Tony both personaly and they acknowledge it. It isnt a knock on RAA or anyone else. It is just something that slipped thru the cracks.

Edited by Jasper

Ok, I shouldnt have said NONE. The number is 250. It has since been remedied since the initial airlifed shipment came in which contained 250 guns. The rail was to a different country's spec, I think possibly Israeli. Cant remember right now, but I want to say it was the Israeli spec.

NONE are being imported now with the out of spec rail, and it put availability in a bind until the problem was fixed.

Ill be calling Clyde back in a few months once he is caught up, and buy one for myself to screw around with.

For you new users, I have a great many personal contacts and friends that are major players in this corner of the industry, a couple of them mentioned above.

Edited by Ben Vampatella
  • Like 1

Mine also was out of spec, I have gun #166.

My gun also has the diamond and ruby Fire/Safe markers. I've heard that the new batch had in spec top rail and no longer has the diamond and ruby (which I actually kind of like tbh), but I don't know what gun number qualifies as a "second batch" gun. It must be higher than 166.

Also for the OP, see this thread:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70901-scope-mount/

What is the best way to tell if you have an out of spec rail? I have had no issues mounting my Primary Arms red dot. I have an early issue MKA, I just assumed the rail was out of spec, but I muscled the rail into spec.....

Edited by TheGeneral

Mine arrived today. I should have posted this earlier. I spoke with Clyde at RAA and he confirmed what Blaine over at Atlantic had told me that all the weapons coming in now have the rail issue resolved. So if you were on the fence over that it is time to get off.

I've got a bushing and puck from Tromix and will be shooting it Sunday with a friend and we will measure then. I'll admit it does feel somewhat like a toy but I'm withholding all judgment until I shoot it. I do wish the pistol grip had a door but that's easily resolved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why would Israeli guys want out off 1913 spec rails? I think they use same standard.

I have no idea. I have friends in the IDF, I might want to ask. Concidering that they are using M4s and M16s (mostly M4s I think) in the reserves and are phasing them out in favor of the Tavor (which, with a fully loaded mag, weighs more than the M4 one of them told me.) I would think they would want to be able to transfer all optics and mountable equipment to the Tavor for a smooth transition.

As for buying a firearm the very minute it becomes available? Well that's why I like to wait a lil bit. Just in case there are a few bugs to iron out. :)

• 1 year later...

The rail appears to big the Eotech will not fully clamp on the rail and is slightly cocked (high on the right side looking from the butt) the Eotech just barely gets a bite on the right side. Other than that the gun is awesome. Cycles great and was impressed with the feel.