How to put the BHO spring back on?

I grip one of the top of the coils with hemostats & I can just push the coil down & slide the pin through.

Then I use hemostats or a dental pick to lift the short end of the BHO spring onto the dog-ear & since it's notched, it just falls into place & I'm done with that part.

Probably takes me a minuet.

My first time I used the "lot of foul language" method though. happy.png

I pushed a punch through to give me leverage and make it easy to assemble the parts, then used the pin to push the punch out. A little wiggling and the spring stayed in place and the pin slid right in. Then I took it all apart and did some dremal work on the BHO so the safety lever would slide in properly. The punch trick worked well on the second assembly too.

Just started my convesion tonight, on an S12. Used dental floss as well! Also used wire to make a little hook tool Much easier than trying to do it like the CSS videos. Love those videos, but for the BHO spring, there are easier ways.

Notch is a must. CSS videos do tell you that too.

What works best for creating the notch? File, dremel, ect? i used a file.

Just started my convesion tonight, on an S12. Used dental floss as well! Also used wire to make a little hook tool Much easier than trying to do it like the CSS videos. Love those videos, but for the BHO spring, there are easier ways.

Notch is a must. CSS videos do tell you that too.

What works best for creating the notch? File, dremel, ect? i used a file.

I just tap it with a dremel-like cut off wheel on a pneumatic micro-grinder (air-dremel) for a second.

Files work great too. It's easier not to mess up with a file.

Setting the spring & picking up the spring end with needlenose pliers or hemostats is easy, but you need good, nicely machined fine tools.

The cheap consumer tools that people usually run across don't work as well & the spring slips out.

Glad it wasn't just me. I did my first conversion a couple weeks ago and had never been so frustrated working on a gun as I was trying to get the axis pin through the spring. I probably spent more time on this single step than I did the rest of the conversion combined.

Haha......me too....and watching the CSS video made me angrier because they do everything with such ease. More than a couple times I was tempted to bury the gun in the pasture behind my house.

• 1 month later...

Appreciate your input. Thanks. Will be "notchin" mine tomorrow. Jumped off more than once on me already. Easy to put it back with my wire hook though. Haha.

Thats what I ended up doing, my dad looked at it for about 10 seconds and made me up a wire hook. Put the notch in so hopefully it doesn't come back off. Now just have to figure out why the damn pin wants to keep coming out! shocked.gif