MD-20 failure to feed help

I have a new Saiga -12 8" build and my MD-20 will not cycle hi brass or anything for that matter. I fitted it perfect. It slips in there 100% but will not function. The factory 5rd mags work fine. But let's face it the 20 rounder is the shit and I really want it to work. Any advice? I have tried calling MD Arms but they never answer their phone. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Patton250

Who built your SBS?

I doubt that it is specifically the drum. I have 13 of them and they all work fine no matter what I run.

Where in FL are you?

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1
Who built your SBS?

I doubt that it is specifically the drum. I have 13 of them and they all work fine no matter what I run.

Where in FL are you?

Red Jacket did the build. It's beautiful! I live in the Tampa area. I travel a lot though. I would love to get help with this. Thanks.

What size hull are the shot gun shells? MD 20's only cycle short 12 gauge shells.

What kind of malfunction?

Failure of the bolt to lock home

Failure to feed

Failure to eject

Failure to cycle all together

Where does the bolt end up, where does the old shell end up, and where does the new shell end up?

If it's working great with the factory 5 but not the drum, it's likely due to the drum's added spring pressure. That's common.

Try profiling the bolt so it rotates & slides over the shells pressed against it easier; http://forum.saiga-1...olish-the-bolt/

The MD-20 is hands down the most reliable US made mag out of the box in my experience.

However on some guns the spring pressure can make a difference.

If it's a Red Jacket build, I'm sure Will can look into it for ya'.

• Like 1

If it's working great with the factory 5 but not the drum, it's likely due to the drum's added spring pressure. That's common.

Try profiling the bolt so it rotates & slides over the shells pressed against it easier; http://forum.saiga-1...olish-the-bolt/

The MD-20 is hands down the most reliable US made mag out of the box in my experience.

However on some guns the spring pressure can make a difference.

If it's a Red Jacket build, I'm sure Will can look into it for ya'.

Thanks Paul. You know even know I am new to this I was thinking the same thing. Some of the other guys were asking some good questions that I should have posted. Like after firing the spent shell would come out of battery but not even stove pipe. It would just be pushed up hitting the top of the receiver unable to eject. I can't wait to try again. As far as RJ and Will. Joe is helping with the low brass failure to cycle. They fixed some other problems also like the BHO. Great bunch of guys over there just very busy. This is my favorite gun by far. It's almost like jewelry.