Is there something wrong with this ACE block receiver and How?

Hello S12,

I have two questions for you:

1) Can you tell if this ACE internal receiver is out of spec and will have any effect on the fitment or functionality, minus the appearance flaws?

2) How can I cover up the holes on the receiver after the conversion where the old pins used to hold the FCG, besides using the nylon plugs. I dont have the welding equipment, I was hoping to use JB weld or something. Any suggestions?

Thanks

pix262030143.jpg

pix146360580.jpg

pix886291457.jpg

pix614762060.jpg

The ACE block will not fit in the Saiga without a lot of filing. You will have to recess a spot on the bottom for the trigger guard screw head to clear and remove some material on top of the 2 arms where it is hitting. I would mark the holes on the sides and drill and tap 8/32 screws in place.

I thought that mine went in without any significant modifications, I also thought the block had screws that occupied the holes in the receiver left over from the conversion. It's been a while so maybe I'm mistaken

Sounds like you have a MAA receiver block. I dunno.

I'd mod it, it can't be much work, and won't interfere with the structural purpose. Just make sure the "sides" fit snugly, and you should be fine.

I'd definately drill and tap through those original FCG holes, as previously mentioned.

I thought that mine went in without any significant modifications, I also thought the block had screws that occupied the holes in the receiver left over from the conversion. It's been a while so maybe I'm mistaken

The ones we make and sell have the screw holes already in the sides and are already modified to fit.

• Like 1

The ACE block adapter pictured above mounts with one screw on top same as the one sold by CSS and the pistol grip nut rather than side screws that go into old FCG pin holes. I wanted to do that so I can cover up the holes on the receiver for a cleaner look.

No one really answered my question if this block adapter looks to be out of spec. :) Especially the 2nd pic where the red arrow is pointed, to me it seems that the back plate is deformed/bent, perhaps from over tightening the stock on to it.

The ACE block will not fit in the Saiga without a lot of filing. You will have to recess a spot on the bottom for the trigger guard screw head to clear and remove some material on top of the 2 arms where it is hitting. I would mark the holes on the sides and drill and tap 8/32 screws in place.

Also thats interesting what you say about fitment issues with ACE stock on saigas because on ACE website they say that it fits aks and saigas, does it matter if it will go to 5.45x39 or same thing as S12?

You could install the block, then use the old FCG holes to mark the block with a center punch. You can then drill and tap the block to accept button head screws.

Or I can just buy one from CSS with holes pre-drilled and provided screws. As I mentioned above I liked the idea of using pistol nut and cover up the holes.